legend issues

Duckhead

Cowpoke
I have tried to catch the legend on a rainy spring day with an iridium fishing pole and bait at the mountain lake, but I haven't encountered it once. does it have an extremely low bite rate, or am I doing something wrong.

Lew Zealand

Helper
It does have an extremely low bite rate so what I try to do is use the Bait and Bobber that lowers the Bite delay the most simply to get more bites. Though using the Trap Bobber is probably the best idea since you're currently on v1.5.6 on Switch to increase the odds you can reel it in once you catch it. However I usually get around 3 bites from the Legend over the course of an afternoon to evening so if you spent a whole day there with no bites that was real bad luck.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
You need at least level 10 fishing for it to even be considered in the catch table

You can use buffs to get up to level 10 though so if you're around there you can buy trout soup from willy or cook a dish to bring your up to level 10.

The bite rate is pretty low (10%) though not abysmally so, you could definitely stick with the trap bobber, better to wait to reel it in once with lower rate than fail catching it and have to wait twice as long

You also have to make sure your bobber is in fishing zone 5 (at least five tiles away from land on all sides) or in a bubble spot that's in fishing zone 3 or higher.

Akuriko

Farmhand
in my main game the legend 2 is easy to acquire legend1s, only come out during certain periods rain or specific seasons, however a tip I keep the advance iradium rod for auto hook and the main iridium rod I use master on it, it can help allot.