Lava eel!

HaleyRocks

Farmer
Congratulations! For me, the most difficult fish to catch, were:

1) Octopus. A real STINKER, i tell you! Once, i found it inside a trash can and i got happy. The thing is more annoying, even than legendary fish, at times. I could never catch it, without a large buff to fishing skill (usually, the Seafoam Pudding).
2) Ice Pip. The thing gave me hiccups, while clicking during fishing.
3) Lava Eel. Nasty, hard catch.
4) Super Cucumber. It hops around like a sore loser, made me very angry.
5) Pufferfish. If i could punch its eye, i certainly would. Nice thing the MysteryMerchant sells one regularly and you can find it from other sources.
6) Lingcod - Catfish. I pit those two together, next to each other. They are ugly, dumb, particularly evasive mofos. I hate them.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Congratulations! For me, the most difficult fish to catch, were:

1) Octopus. A real STINKER, i tell you! Once, i found it inside a trash can and i got happy. The thing is more annoying, even than legendary fish, at times. I could never catch it, without a large buff to fishing skill (usually, the Seafoam Pudding).
2) Ice Pip. The thing gave me hiccups, while clicking during fishing.
3) Lava Eel. Nasty, hard catch.
4) Super Cucumber. It hops around like a sore loser, made me very angry.
5) Pufferfish. If i could punch its eye, i certainly would. Nice thing the MysteryMerchant sells one regularly and you can find it from other sources.
6) Lingcod - Catfish. I pit those two together, next to each other. They are ugly, dumb, particularly evasive mofos. I hate them.
Agreed on all points. I find the experience of reeling in the Super Cuke, Puffer, Lingcod and Catfish to spill over from entertaining into annoying from time to time with the Lingcod standing out the most to me. I hate the Octopus, I'd rather catch Mr. and Mrs. Angler all day. I get the Ice Pip only to complete the Full Catch and I quite like the Lava Eel because it offers good entertainment in its Fish Pond on the Farm. Plus if you need Trash for whatever reason (for Refined Quartz or even your first Cloth), Level 100 serves 2 purposes with little wasted time.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I just left a comment on your post about catching the mutant carp and how most of the other legends are harder, if you're catching lava eels left and right though you're probably fine LOL

(watch out for that sneakin' glacier fish though, he puts up one heck of a fight)