JojaMart Achievement is a Drag

AmandaApple

Greenhorn
Hey, so I’m going the JojaMart route on my newest play through so that I can get the Joja Co. Member Of The Year achievement done and out of the way but it is such a drag! I can’t wait to be finished with it and never play this way again!

My plan is to try and get full marks at the end of year 2 (which will be a challenge) and that’s the only thing keeping me going. I’m just at the end of my first year, only a couple of days until spring, and I keep wanting to do things for long term goals like fruit trees but then I have to remind myself that it does not matter, this save file is destined for the trash.

I can’t wait to start a new save file and work on completing the community centre and getting to more of the end game content. Just a little longer!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Yeah, I personally love joja and find a year fo rthe cc too long to wait for honestly pretty mediocre things but everybody plays to their own way and you do you.
Good luck.

Hill Myna

Farmer
I actually really enjoyed completing the Joja Warehouse! It gave me plenty of freedom to do whatever I wanted, I didn't get a Coop until Year 2, and I finished the Warehouse mid-way through Fall, Year 1. Since I wasn't restricted by having to finish the bundles, I planted only the most functional plants (Coffee, Rhubarb, Starfruit, Hops, Wheat, Pumpkins).

It did mean that I didn't complete the Minecarts until Fall, but getting the Greenhouse in Summer was the best! I filled it with Hops and Pomegranate Trees, and by the end of Year one I'd filled 3 Big Sheds full of Kegs to process everything, including 2.5k Wheat in Fall Year 1!

I think this is a great example of different play-styles. That was my second save; I'd already learnt from all my "mistakes" on my first. But if it's just a grind, I say why don't you put it down for now? You can come back later, refreshed to tackle the challenge!

I play on Switch, so I didn't even get an achievement for finishing it. But for me, it was a nice break from the "usual" gameplay loop. My next farm was a Community Center one, and that was great fun as well, because I picked Remixed Bundles (1.5 had just come out).

Whatever you do, have fun!

Sigrah

Farmer
Hey, so I’m going the JojaMart route on my newest play through so that I can get the Joja Co. Member Of The Year achievement done and out of the way but it is such a drag! I can’t wait to be finished with it and never play this way again!

My plan is to try and get full marks at the end of year 2 (which will be a challenge) and that’s the only thing keeping me going. I’m just at the end of my first year, only a couple of days until spring, and I keep wanting to do things for long term goals like fruit trees but then I have to remind myself that it does not matter, this save file is destined for the trash.

I can’t wait to start a new save file and work on completing the community centre and getting to more of the end game content. Just a little longer!
Having worked for various soulless corporations until my mid 20's, I fully empathize. I can't stand helping Joja for that reason. My advice: Just sell all your crops and other goodies until you finally complete the last Joja upgrade, then you can start over and never have to do it again.

Ithiltuilinn

Farmhand

It might make it easier if you think of it as another save file instead of something your going to delete as soon as your done with the Joja achievement. Even if you hate Joja it can always just be an extra file that you occasionally play when you just want to chill without the stress of doing the CC. That's the main reason I have a Joja file, I get overwhelmed with keeping track of all the things I need to do for the CC sometimes so I like to have a extra file that I can play where I don't need to worry about it. Where I can build my farm up however I want and I don't need to stress that its the last day of spring and I haven't caught that one stupid fish that I need for the whatever bundle lol. It probably also helps that I cant stand Lewis or Pierre lol but I hope this helps and if you keep with the decision to delete it immediately after you finish I wish you good luck in finishing quickly.

p.s. Also even if you do Joja you can still do pretty much all of the endgame stuff like fixing Pam‘s house and you can still get the movie theater and what not so plant those fruit trees and make goals if you want to 😂

Last edited: