Item Management?

Chililover

Planter
It can be easy to forgot once you get used to it, but Stardew chests don't allow you to manually sort them. You may be playing with a mod that allows this.
Is it possible that only mobile has chest organization? Because I can move things around in my chests!
I deffinetly don't have any mods! Lol!

Odin

Staff member
Is it possible that only mobile has chest organization? Because I can move things around in my chests!
I deffinetly don't have any mods! Lol!
Huh, you're right. I never noticed chests work differently on mobile! So on PC (and I believe consoles too), you can only add items to a chest in the first open spot, and when you take an item out, the other items move up to fill that space.

Chililover

Planter
Huh, you're right. I never noticed chests work differently on mobile! So on PC (and I believe consoles too), you can only add items to a chest in the first open spot, and when you take an item out, the other items move up to fill that space.
I guess mobile is the platform for perfectionist! (Like myself lol!)

Rotan

Sodbuster
Yeah on PC you have to enter items in the order you want them in, its a bit of a pain and when you accidentally hit 'sort' on a full chest it can almost make you cry.

sauucy

Newcomer
I would really appreciate if a feature was added that allowed players to hold items to move them and organize chests like you can for inventory.

I am very picky about chest organisation
I completely agree. I started on mobile and was disappointed when I got this game on PC and it wasn't possible to select which spot for items.

Traffalger

Greenhorn
I know this is an old thread but I cannot express how much I would like this. I cannot play on PC because of the sort feature. Please please please add this.

imnvs

Local Legend
I know this is an old thread but I cannot express how much I would like this. I cannot play on PC because of the sort feature. Please please please add this.
To be fair, Traffalger, the rules on necroing threads were relaxed in this section of the forum. (Due to a suggestion too. Don't you love it?)

And I'm kinda glad you did. I must have missed this one the first time around, and Rotan said it best...
when you accidentally hit 'sort' on a full chest it can almost make you cry.
At least in single player the game is paused while I'm in a chest, so I'm not killing my day by organizing my stuff the way I want it in my chests/fridges. In a MP game, though, you kinda just have to accept that your chests are going to be a pile of **** sorted by a machine that doesn't care one whit about your wants and preferences.

I don't like that.

xMINIMx05

Farmhand
I would really appreciate if a feature was added that allowed players to hold items to move them and organize chests like you can for inventory.

I am very picky about chest organisation
it is VERY annoying that you can't do this on PC.
i've looked everywhere for a mod that allows it but nothing.
i also sended an email complaining about this, yet expect no aswer from them.
when i ported my savefile from mobile to pc and couldn't organize chest freely, i was very upset whe i put something on it and it just messed everything up.
i don't wanna have 4 chest for the different type of seasons seed when i can have them all sorted into 1.
seryously, why the ui can't act more like minecraft, where you can choose where to put what. i mean, wouldn't that be better for gamplay in general?
when im playing games like this i wanna have quality over quantity, wich is aparently the wrong way to go when it comes to designing a game nowadays.

If somebody know of a mod that lets you move freely the items around when in a chest/container please let me know, i'll be very grateful.

FricativeMelon

Greenhorn
it is VERY annoying that you can't do this on PC.
i've looked everywhere for a mod that allows it but nothing.
i also sended an email complaining about this, yet expect no aswer from them.
when i ported my savefile from mobile to pc and couldn't organize chest freely, i was very upset whe i put something on it and it just messed everything up.
i don't wanna have 4 chest for the different type of seasons seed when i can have them all sorted into 1.
seryously, why the ui can't act more like minecraft, where you can choose where to put what. i mean, wouldn't that be better for gamplay in general?
when im playing games like this i wanna have quality over quantity, wich is aparently the wrong way to go when it comes to designing a game nowadays.

If somebody know of a mod that lets you move freely the items around when in a chest/container please let me know, i'll be very grateful.
You inspired me! I made a mod for you! Groupable Chests on Nexus. It isn't quite Minecraft-level of freedom, but it stops your items from moving on you and lets you move them around fairly freely.

Last edited:

xMINIMx05

Farmhand
You inspired me! I made a mod for you! Groupable Chests on Nexus. It isn't quite Minecraft-level of freedom, but it stops your items from moving on you and lets you move them around fairly freely.
WOW! I never inspired somebody before...
I feel honored in a way.
Defenetly looking foward to the future plans for this mod!

I would say that i'll even try to help in any way i could but i got no idea of progamming so...yeh sorry.