is there any mod to remove the lake from the remote farm? Without having to restart the farm?

Gordola

Newcomer
is there any mod to remove the lake from the remote farm? Without having to restart the farm?

Odin

Staff member
The remote farm? Do you mean the bigger lake on the standard farm map? If so, Standard Farm Map - South Pond Deleted might be what you're looking for.

Generally it's not recommended to change farm maps after you begin a save, but since this map only adds space, it shouldn't create any issues if you do. I don't use mods much myself though, so I actually don't know what the process is to do that.

Gordola

Newcomer
but can you remove the lake from the farm without having to start another farm? (Wildernes Farm)

Last edited:

mouse

Farmer
Much delayed, but just to add for future readers if nothing else that the linked mod replaces files in the game's Content folder. There are much better ways of modding than just overwriting files, which has many disadvantages compared to even the most basic content pack for SMAPI. In this case someone did convert it to a basic pack for Content Patcher, which you'd just drop in your Mods folder.

(It's worth mentioning that even the conversion is not ideal, because it still just replaces the entire file even though it is only really editing the lake, but it's probably a big enough change that it's not that big of a deal. And even if it was, at a bare minimum it's easier to install, easier to keep installed when the game updates, shows up in your SMAPI log, etc!)

To expand on what Odin said on the changing maps mid-save response, when you make large changes to a map you can end up with things like buildings in the water, misplaced debris on cliffs, that kind of thing. It's not game-breaking and it's generally okay to switch and see how it looks to decide if you want/need to move some of your things. It's not likely to cause actual gameplay issues unless maybe you go from a giant map to a small one or something 🤔 (And even you have problems, you can just switch back without saving!)

Mods like Reset Terrain Features and Crop Transplant can be really helpful for tidying up a map after making big changes, but as Odin mentioned since this is just removing the pond it shouldn't be a problem at all.