Is there any danger, or downside?

HaleyRocks

Planter
To immediately going to sleep, the moment you wake up, in quick succession, in order to skip 3 seasons in a row?

I need to farm the Desert Festival and am worrying about negative consequences, to the method above...

Ereo

Helper
No, that’s a common strategy for speedrunners or reaching perfection when the one thing you’re missing is seasons away.

if you already have infrastructure, the following issues might arise:
- friendship will decay for anyone who is not at full hearts
- animal friendship might decay
- animals might go hungry depending on the state of your silos and grass
- debris might spread and destroy decorations or equipment on your farm and ginger island
- fences will degrade

Except for losing unique rewards to debris, none of this is unfixable.

HaleyRocks

Planter
No, that’s a common strategy for speedrunners or reaching perfection when the one thing you’re missing is seasons away.

if you already have infrastructure, the following issues might arise:
- friendship will decay for anyone who is not at full hearts
- animal friendship might decay
- animals might go hungry depending on the state of your silos and grass
- debris might spread and destroy decorations or equipment on your farm and ginger island
- fences will degrade

Except for losing unique rewards to debris, none of this is unfixable.
Thank you! I have friendship with each and every creature with a meter, at max, anyway! I have the Golden Clock enabled, so no debris either and fences do not degrade (even if they would, i used instead of fences, Lightningrods and Tea bushes (lol)!

Animals starving though i like not. Maybe i'll have to devote one day per season, for shopping Hay, at marnie's!

Draconifors

Planter
Thank you! I have friendship with each and every creature with a meter, at max, anyway! I have the Golden Clock enabled, so no debris either and fences do not degrade (even if they would, i used instead of fences, Lightningrods and Tea bushes (lol)!

Animals starving though i like not. Maybe i'll have to devote one day per season, for shopping Hay, at marnie's!
Farm (coop and barn) animal friendships don't stop decaying even at max; more friendship merely reduces the rate of decay.

LRangerR

Local Legend

Or just have enough silos to last you 4 seasons, lol

VampireCake

Farmer
Animals that go unfed will be grumpy and not generate any produce, but they'll be fine once fed again - there aren't any lasting negative effects. I understand not liking the idea of them going hungry though.

If you have an autograbber you might want to use it for coop animals if you're skipping a lot of days, if you don't want to wade through a sea of eggs when you get back to them. 😆

Actually, what does happen if all the floor space in a coop is full?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Animals that go unfed will be grumpy and not generate any produce, but they'll be fine once fed again - there aren't any lasting negative effects. I understand not liking the idea of them going hungry though.

If you have an autograbber you might want to use it for coop animals if you're skipping a lot of days, if you don't want to wade through a sea of eggs when you get back to them. 😆

Actually, what does happen if all the floor space in a coop is full?
You don't get any more of whatever is collecting on the floor. I tend to forget my Slime Hutches on my Slime saves and go in to find the floor 100% covered in Slimeglobs but there's only 1 in each location. It's kinda the same as your Farm, the Quarry, or anywhere debris collects on the other maps. It just accumulates until full and waits for you to clear it.

Bombs.

Just doing some word association, nothing more...

VampireCake

Farmer
You don't get any more of whatever is collecting on the floor. I tend to forget my Slime Hutches on my Slime saves and go in to find the floor 100% covered in Slimeglobs but there's only 1 in each location. It's kinda the same as your Farm, the Quarry, or anywhere debris collects on the other maps. It just accumulates until full and waits for you to clear it.

Bombs.

Just doing some word association, nothing more...
Ah, I kinda thought that would be the case since it seemed logical. Thanks for confirming. :cool: