Is there any consequences for dating two people?

Lew Zealand

Helper
There are no consequences for dating more than one person so feel free to experience those 10 :heart: events with more than one bachelor/ette. The only consequences happen when you have all 6 of the guys or the ladies at 10 :heart: and you enter a particular place, which triggers the group 10 :heart: event. That's where your Rabbit's Foot comes in handy if you want to avoid the negative cutscene.

Pro tip: Plan it out and leave the Foot behind to get the bad cutscene. Then reload the day and take the Foot with you. It takes a while to get all 6 of each group to 10 :heart:, make the most of your efforts!

peedew

Greenhorn
There are no consequences for dating more than one person so feel free to experience those 10 :heart: events with more than one bachelor/ette. The only consequences happen when you have all 6 of the guys or the ladies at 10 :heart: and you enter a particular place, which triggers the group 10 :heart: event. That's where your Rabbit's Foot comes in handy if you want to avoid the negative cutscene.

Pro tip: Plan it out and leave the Foot behind to get the bad cutscene. Then reload the day and take the Foot with you. It takes a while to get all 6 of each group to 10 :heart:, make the most of your efforts!
thanks so much!!! i was getting really confused when looking it up because i was only seeing stuff about dating all of the bachelor/ettes

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
There are only “consequences” for dating all of a set of bachelors/bachelorettes (just a cutscene where they find out and are mad for a few days before resuming life like normal, this can also just be avoided)

imnvs

Local Legend
There are no consequences unless you date all the people of one gender and then activate a cutscene that can be mitigated by carrying around an item commonly believed to be lucky.

If you marry someone and gift folks of the same gender that you are also dating something and not on that person's birthday, your spouse has a chance to get ornery.

Related question: is there any negative impact for dating two or three singles and then breaking up with all but the one you decide to marry?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Related question: is there any negative impact for dating two or three singles and then breaking up with all but the one you decide to marry?
Gifting the Wilted Bouquet will reduce your :heart: levels to 5 so that's a pretty big penalty. I just leave everyone at 10 :heart: so I know that I've gotten any recipes/gifts from them. I strongly advise getting all the 10 :heart: events out of the way before marrying someone though as that can lead to some uncomfortable situations.

Gifting the Wilted Bouquet will reduce your :heart: levels to 5 so that's a pretty big penalty. I just leave everyone at 10 :heart: so I know that I've gotten any recipes/gifts from them. I strongly advise getting all the 10 :heart: events out of the way before marrying someone though as that can lead to some uncomfortable situations.
That's not too bad. I didn't want to use the Witch's shrine or anything drastic like that to get back on anyone's good graces. Thanks!

AlexIsAdorbs

Greenhorn
I really wanna date Shane for the scenes and such but im already dating Haley, can i date them both without having to carry a rabbits foot or is that a requirement?
You can date loads of people at once, I’ve heard of someone dating around seven!!!

Lew Zealand

Helper
That's impressive! I didn't even know this was possible.
Yeah it's the only way to get everyone in your list to 10 :heart:. It's not necessary but I kinda wanted everyone to be at the same level so I did that in my most recent playthrough. The only downside other than the time it takes is needing to carry around a Rabbit's Foot for a while to avoid the negative 10 :heart: events and you get the 10 :heart: dialog from everyone you don't marry for the rest of the game, which is a bit off-putting. I wish the dialog regressed to about the 6 :heart: level with everyone else after getting married but maybe in v1.7!

Luckily Farmer Bobbi has the easy solution to that: when you're at Ginger all the time looking for those annoying Dragon Teeth or lounging at the Beach getting a sunburn, you rarely bump into anyone any more.

Rhiannon

Farmer
Yeah it's the only way to get everyone in your list to 10 :heart:. It's not necessary but I kinda wanted everyone to be at the same level so I did that in my most recent playthrough. The only downside other than the time it takes is needing to carry around a Rabbit's Foot for a while to avoid the negative 10 :heart: events and you get the 10 :heart: dialog from everyone you don't marry for the rest of the game, which is a bit off-putting. I wish the dialog regressed to about the 6 :heart: level with everyone else after getting married but maybe in v1.7!

Luckily Farmer Bobbi has the easy solution to that: when you're at Ginger all the time looking for those annoying Dragon Teeth or lounging at the Beach getting a sunburn, you rarely bump into anyone any more.
That's very interesting info. I'm kind of a one guy kinda gal so I'm not sure I'll ever experience all those events. But you never know. I suspect I'll be playing SDV for a very long time.