Is the Golden Scythe worth getting?

Sigrah

Farmer
This is a cornerstone of the Lazy way of farming and makes Spring 1 as Lazy as is feasible. I can't encourage this enough, mostly because that excessive encouragement would seem an un-Lazylike thing to do.
You can consider it lazy if you want to, but for me, it's a matter of efficiency towards getting a 900 crop field fertilized and planted in a single day. If I don't plow them and set winter seeds down in the last couple of days in winter, it means I have to spend time plowing and watering my fields in addition to fertilizing and planting my crops, and there's just not enough time to do all that, at least with the way I play :)

Lew Zealand

Helper
Ah! Lazy farming merely serves my purposes, but those techniques which allow me to do a barely adequate amount of farming with a minimum of effort 😴 also allow enterprising persons like yourself :happy: (and unlike myself) to maximize getting your giant crop in the ground, fertilized, and out in a couple weeks' time as well.

With great power comes the potential to be even lazier, in the right wrong hands.

I think it is worth the trouble, makes it a lot easier to cut grass around your field you also get some cool stuff from the haunted skulls

Salosso

Greenhorn
It’s kind of a letdown tbh.

You battle your way through slimes and flying skulls. But at last, it’s within your reach! The GOLDEN SCYTHE is finally, yours at last! Huzzah!

I was expecting a serious game changer here, along the lines of. Say, upgrading your watering can to copper.
It disappoints. Unlike other tools, you can’t enchant it. Big miss there.

It’s misnamed, and should’ve been called someone thing else less grand.

imnvs

Local Legend
I was expecting a serious game changer here, along the lines of. Say, upgrading your watering can to copper.
To be fair, it actually is... but it's not so easily and readily noticeable. You can't see the range increase and you can't see the increased chance of hay directly, but it does change things in ways that aren't readily apparent. (It cuts more grass with each swipe, and each grass cut has a 75% instead of 50% chance of becoming hay.)

I find the golden scythe is difficult to control. It just cuts too much. However, the quarry mine is great. It's an excellent source of stone and loot, helps level up your combat and mining, plus the skulls are good practice for the serpents in skull cavern.