1.6 Update Is patch 1.6.9 still coming out?

Prrsha

Cowpoke
There hasn’t been any updates on X for about a month regarding any update progress, so I was curious if there is still going to be a 1.6.9 patch or has it been abandoned for now?

I ask because I was thinking of starting a new game but worry there are still perhaps too many game breaking bugs still to commit to it now?

A quick progress post would be appreciated if time is at all possible. I also hope everything is ok as it has been quiet of late…

There hasn’t been any updates on X for about a month regarding any update progress, so I was curious if there is still going to be a 1.6.9 patch or has it been abandoned for now?

I ask because I was thinking of starting a new game but worry there are still perhaps too many game breaking bugs still to commit to it now?
I hear ya! I had asked the Stardew Expanded and Ridgeside Village Discord servers the same thing about any updates that might be just around the corner due to the possible presence of game-breaking bugs before starting my current playthrough which includes both these mods.

Odin

Staff member
I don't have any additional information, but personally I would recommend starting your game now, especially if you don't know how long you would be waiting for.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I don't have any additional information, but personally I would recommend starting your game now, especially if you don't know how long you would be waiting for.
This 👆

It’s not worth waiting for something that may take a while.
It’s good to note that you can always create another file for exploring 1.6, you aren’t just limited to one, it may be nicer to start now and have an established farm when you start 1.6.

Odin

Staff member
They are still working on the v1.6.9 update as far as I know.
Yes this is correct, I should have said this in my last message, but if an update had been set aside for some reason that would be announced.
What I wish I knew was: do more updates to PC delay the console or mobile versions at all? Maybe they don't but I don't know?
ConcernedApe said that they do not, at least in the context of 1.6.4, I believe that's the case for any PC patch

Odin

Staff member
Also, due to a mix up where several threads were unintentionally merged, this thread had to be re-created. If any messages that were a part of the thread are no longer here, please let me know! Was there another message from Lew here before? I feel like there may have been, I'm working entirely from memory rebuilding these threads.