Is patch 1.6.9 still coming out?

Prrsha

Cowpoke
There hasn’t been any updates on X for about a month regarding any update progress, so I was curious if there is still going to be a 1.6.9 patch or has it been abandoned for now?

I ask because I was thinking of starting a new game but worry there are still perhaps too many game breaking bugs still to commit to it now?

A quick progress post would be appreciated if time is at all possible. I also hope everything is ok as it has been quiet of late…

Lew Zealand

Helper
They are still working on the v1.6.9 update as far as I know. What I wish I knew was: do more updates to PC delay the console or mobile versions at all? Maybe they don't but I don't know?

There hasn’t been any updates on X for about a month regarding any update progress, so I was curious if there is still going to be a 1.6.9 patch or has it been abandoned for now?

I ask because I was thinking of starting a new game but worry there are still perhaps too many game breaking bugs still to commit to it now?
I hear ya! I had asked the Stardew Expanded and Ridgeside Village Discord servers the same thing about any updates that might be just around the corner due to the possible presence of game-breaking bugs before starting my current playthrough which includes both these mods.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Absolutely, my personal guess is that it's the end 1.6 update besides maybe some minor patches. Because of the way console manufacturers like their games ported, my assumption is that it will release on all platforms at around the same time and needs to therefore be internally bug tested more thoroughly than the previous 1.6 patches.