Coding Help Is it possible to create a CP mod for a JA mod?

bunnyverse

Greenhorn
Hello! I'm relatively new to creating my own mods from scratch, but I'm starting small to make sure I learn the basics properly. I wanted to create a CP mod for a different JA mod. I was wondering if this was even possible? What I was trying to do was add more icon retexture options for an object added by JA. I could just post the mod with the images and let people pick which icon they wanted to use, then replace the original JA object's .png file, but I wanted to instead create a CP mod, which would let you use GMCM in-game to change the icons.
I formatted the mod and wrote the content.json and everything, and the mod itself did show up in GMCM, but changing the options didn't do anything. I think that my specific problem might be the "Target" section of "Changes" in the content.json file.
At first I tried "[JA] (Mod Name)/Objects/(Object Folder)/object.png", and realized that maybe putting "[JA] (Mod Name)" at the beginning was silly of me. So then I changed it to "Objects/(Object Folder)/object.png" but that didn't work either. I can upload the mod file as well, but I wasn't sure whether that would be inappropriate in this forum, or if I needed to put that in a forum dedicated to the mod I'm trying to create.
So does anyone know if this is even possible? Can I "Target" a JA mod's object? Any help is appreciated!
Thank you for reading my post!

Last edited: