Is farming too strong?

HaleyRocks

Farmer
Easy big money:

Big Shed, to be filled with 137 kegs.

Ginger Island farm, many iridium sprinklers, Deluxe Speed Gro, Starfruit.

Advanced tip: If you unlocked racoon shop and mystic trees, or the recipe itself, acquire quantities of Fairy Dust, to shorten the process.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Are u referring to pigs, not sheep? Pigs make much more money
With Artisan, Cloth makes almost as much money in v1.6 and the Autograbber takes care of the Wool harvesting for you instead of you spending time finding all the Truffles. And Wool never disappears at the end of the month if you forget to harvest them like Truffles do.

Pigs used to be my favorite but people here have shown me the way of easier of gameplay and saving time and annoyance. Sheep are definitely the better animal for my farm.

Last edited:

HappyPenguin

Farmhand
With Artisan, Cloth makes almost as much money in v1.6 and the Autograbber takes care of the Wool harvesting for you instead of you spending time finding all the Truffles. And Wool never disappears at the end of the month if you forget to harvest them like Truffles do.

Pigs used to be my favorite but people here have shown me the way of easier of gameplay and saving time and annoyance. Sheep are definitely the better animal for my farm.
Interesting! Im a switch player, so I still use 1.5. (: Autograbber is definitely preferable to picking up truffles, so if the price is about the same I could absolutely see chosing sheep over pigs if i was on 1.6.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
It definitely is, the game started off more oriented around farming and while other paths have become more viable, they usually aren't as easy or quick as farming is

That's just the focal point of the game, not every path has to be equally as viable, and often other paths are still very much usable, even if they don't give the most g out of your time

riklaunim

Cowpoke
Farming allows you to multiply money assuming you have enough land - which usually is year 1/2 - you collect and sell crops, buy way more seeds, and repeat until you hit the limits of your farm assuming you are able to provide enough sprinklers.

The clock isn't something to buy early so you can even make a passive farm, even full on the forest - place a large amount of mushroom logs, then collect and sell mushrooms. When you hit mastery you can switch to mystic trees to get better mushrooms and tap the trees as well.

stardew_luv

Planter
Yes farming is made to be primary source of profit through crops, artisan or animals (each have own benefits. You are taking over your grandpa’s farm to farm or ranch after all. I’m sure he fished some too and had to mine to get tools upgrades and make machines, but they were means to help the farm. That being said I play for fun, not profit. Mining, socializing and having a family is what I like best in the game. Since 1.6 where you can get multiple pets I also have a mini animal rescue on my farm. Since you can only have two kids, I have a bunch of dogs and cats as fur babies too. Plus they make great babysitters for the kids since the game never implemented that and I’m out socializing or mining a lot and who knows where Harvey is when he’s not at the office. He likes to disappear as they all do. I don’t make nearly as much but I have fun.

Of course wine farms always make the most. Ancient fruit or starfruit. But I always change it up a bit since I like alcohol only in moderation and hate being the town enabler to the Saloon’s regulars who drink too much and ruin their lives and those of their families.
Plus I hate farming in general lol! I ranch. Animals are fun and cute. I keep them alive and happy in Stardew and irl. Plants die under my care irl, though mostly live in Stardew but require a lot of effort that’s boring and no fun. So to each their own.

Stardew your way. It’s meant to have options for different tastes. You never die. You may be broke but you can still talk to people, raise a family and have fun in other ways.

Let's not forget about that part where Sheep can still produce during the Winter, while Pigs cannot :wink: