Is everyone just holding it in?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Linus clearly uses Nature's freely provided privacy services and washing up areas, so maybe everyone else also does but they're prudish enough to do so when you're not looking.

But maybe it's all a matter of perspective. No not seeing things from someone else's point of view (though that's a good thing!). I mean all the bathrooms are on the South side of the buildings so we can never see the doors from our perspective, and the rooms don't end up being rendered in for privacy reasons. That would explain why I can never find Emily in the house and then at 10pm she appears out of nowhere to run to bed, avoiding any and all evening conversation or even a hug.

Last edited:

Wolf Haley

Sodbuster
on the topic of holding it in, is anyone else gonna do no poop November? its usually no poop July, but November works better for me. and it rolls off the tongue better

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Linus clearly uses Nature's freely provided privacy services and washing up areas, so maybe everyone else also does but they're prudish enough to do so when you're not looking.

But maybe it's all a matter of perspective. No not seeing things from someone else's point of view (though that's a good thing!). I mean all the bathrooms are on the South side of the buildings so we can never see the doors from our perspective, and the rooms don't end up being rendered in for privacy reasons. That would explain why I can never find Emily in the house and then at 10pm she appears out of nowhere to run to bed, avoiding any and all evening conversation or even a hug.
I'd argue it's probably something like this, there is a sewer system after all, though it's radioactivity and monsters living within it doesn't exactly speak wonders for its maintenance, we do have Lewis setting world record low bars for competence at the same time however, can't exactly expect much.

I used to play Virtual Families by Last Day Of Work, which had bathrooms. Managing everyone's toileting, bathing, hand washing, toothbrushing, turns into a large portion of the game. Stardew Valley isn't the same kind of game. If your farmer was always having to potty imagine how that would mess things up! Trying to catch that pufferfish for Demetrius before 4pm but gotta run to Willy's and beg to use his bog? Level 98 in skull cavern at 1:30 am and have to run to Sandy's? Want to give Haley a sunflower in time for the flower dance but she's always in the toilet? I don't see how it would even work!