Interesting insight from CA about PC and Mobile/Console updates

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
From X/Twitter when asked about the time between releases on PC and Mobile/Console:

I'm always interested in how release strategies work (OK all strategies but these too) and this makes a lot of sense. Especially for those valuable saves!
Oh absolutely, he's shared this line of thinking before (talking about the 1.6 update a couple months ago I think?)

Steam basically allows anything with no real need to review changes or updates, he can pump out changes with a couple fixes overnight and be fine. Mobile and console take ages to go through the review process and sometimes don't even accept small changes or updates that haven't already been rigorously tested (impossible at the pace he's putting them out early after an update release)

I think 1.6 in it's entirety was almost a large scale beta, with how buggy it was comparative to other update releases and how many quick fixes he pumped out so fast. Nothing finds bugs like literal millions playing a the brand new hyped update for a game all at once.