I'm asking for a match-up

Briarwyn

Newcomer
I'm a straight female that's born in Summer. My loves and likes are cats, dogs, going fishing, catching fish and sea critters, collecting pretty things like seashells, eating noodle dishes, eating fish and seafood dishes, Summer, the color Blue, the beach, and water activities.

My dislikes and hates are Winter, spicy foods, and people being picky about gifts.

Who is the best match-up for me?

I don't understand why people suggested Sam.
I said, why not Alex?

Alex said he is pumped in summer and hates winter.
He is sometimes at the beach. He compliments your tan and sometimes asks you if you wear a bikini.
Alex is a dog's lover too, and he has one particular favorite seafood. – I'll let you find out by yourself.

Reactions: Tom
Alex seems a bit arrogant at first, I really like some of his post marriage commentary, he really accepts changes in stride. I don't know much about Sam. My advice is to just give gifts to the guys and see who you like the best. Sam or Alex, but if you are good at crab pots Elliot would be good too.

Boo1972

Farmer
If being picky about gifts is a dislike, you might be trouble. They are all kind of picky. I think Alex is the most particular of three in consideration. He does love summer though, and dogs.

Sam is basically an overgrown golden retriever himself, friendly and loyal. I enjoy being married to him. He only likes one fish casserole if I remember correctly and Sam doesn’t know how to fish. He does love warm weather. And has a couple easily obtained, loved gifts.

Elliot does love the beach, fishing and more than one fish based gift. The sun can be too much for his delicate skin and he doesn’t strike me as the type of man who like dogs. To be fair, this is just my interpretation of his character; he’s never complained about my dog. Elliot’s 14 heart event was sweet which surprised me. Overall, he’s a solid choice. Plus, have you seen him in his beach attire? That alone should push him ahead of the pack.

Last edited:

Elenna101

Farmer
Alex is picky about gifts. His only two best gifts (not counting universal loves) are cooked foods. Two things and they're both cooked foods. 🧐
Truth. But at least one of his loved gifts can be made year round if you have the greenhouse or Ginger Island, I guess?? And it's fairly easy to plant as many potatoes as you need.
As compared to Pierre, who has precisely one non-universal loved gift, Fried Calamari, which requires a fish that can only be caught in winter evenings. :enraged:

Cuusardo

Farmer
When it comes to Pierre, I tend to give him rabbit feet since that's the easiest of the universal loves to get and they come with a quality.

Boo1972

Farmer
When it comes to Pierre, I tend to give him rabbit feet since that's the easiest of the universal loves to get and they come with a quality.
You just pointed out the biggest draw back to gifting cooked dishes- there is no way to give quality ones early game. Pickles, jellies, and gemstones have the same problem. Another mark against Alex for the OP.

LRangerR

Local Legend
In reality though those extra hearts you get for quality items, while it IS nice, isn't truly important unless you're power/speed gaming and min-maxing things.