I want the bachelors and bachelorettes to be together

I am thinking about creating a copy save file as an experiment. Most of my bachelors and bachelorettes have 8 hearts. I am not married and never dated. I consider myself an autosexual.
I made friends with bachelors or bachelorettes because I want them to give me some gifts or recipes. (I thought the NPC like Sebastian or Abigail could help me with mining or fighting with some monsters. –They were not useful....) Later, I realized that Sebastian and Abigail were never together in the same room. Plus, Elliot and Leah stopped hanging out at the bar. And the rest, like Hailey, Alex, Sam, and Penny, never stayed together. I am aware there is a mod that could bring them together. However, I am planning to drop their hearts by giving them gifts they hate. Also, I plan to rummage some trash can in front of them and throw rocks at them to below 6 hearts. –just to see if they are going to be together again like the previous time.

The question is ... If I drop their hearts below to 6, will the bachelors or bachelorettes hang out with each other again? Does it work?

Should I throw rocks at them?

Last edited:
Very interesting experiment Laissez Faire Farming! After having become a bit attached to the characters I'd have a hard time giving them stuff they dislike intentionally but it is really interesting to know they revert to their prior behavior. Lol, Personally, I'd say no to rocks, but that's just me 😆. From a code standpoint, it makes sense that they'd revert to prior behavior unless programmed otherwise. Funny they "grow apart" once being friends with the player... now I feel like my character is a bit of a budding romance wrecker lol 🤣

MissDandy

Farmer
I do wish they could be together no matter your personal status with them. It breaks my heart that you can change the fact that they're never together, especially if you marry one of them. Poor Elliott never goes to the bar to hang out anymore now that he's married to my farmer.

I agree with you all. I felt guilty that everybody is in love with me. – I am feeling a bit frustrated...
I recently read somewhere in Reddit or Twitter that CA is possibly planning to create a friendship bracelet.
Let's hope we will get those bracelets from the new 1.6 updates.

That does make sense, it would be a lot of work. At the same time even though fans working on dialogue for the game is a great idea, it might also be bad. :sweat: Can people who have character favorites truly be impartial :hmm:. Maybe it would be possible if ConcernedApe picked the people whom he believes would be able to do the characters the most justice. After all, he made the characters that people really like and connect with. Also, I know I would be horrible at making dialogue. :blush:

Let this not diminish how totally awesome it would be if it became a thing though!!! :love:

mouse

Farmer
I think Quillmagic was joking ("I need that thing! Quick, lock a bunch of monkeys in the typewriter room!"), though we of course have a lot of instances of fan-written dialogue in mods, hehe. It just seems pretty unlikely that someone that developed solo for so long and now sits at a whopping 2-man team would take a bunch of random fan subs! I usually interpret tweets like that to not mean, "I haven't had time, if only someone else would do it" but, "I haven't had time to do it the way I want to do it, but I'm open to doing it in the future" :)

I obviously can't speak for him, but I've already seen plenty of mod-users that believed CA directly "adds" mods into the game (because of adding similar QoL features over time), so I could see how you'd want to avoid any situations like "a bunch of people wrote this feature in my game" that might contribute to that impression, hehe.

Fan-subs aside, I do think more friendship options and rivalmances would be nice. I'm glad there are mods for villagers to get together, so they aren't eternally waiting on me to ask them out, not realizing that I've begun a monster sanctuary instead.

(Although I don't see rivalmances working out well in vanilla. It seems like too much work/content to make optional, and even if someone waited for you to be married before putting the moves on another villager, I think the majority of players expect everyone to be available post-divorce :P )

You are 100 % RIGHT, Mouse. I always wanted to avoid the mods.
I am not against people using mods to live in their fantasy. ((YES, there are some smut mods or sexy anime wizard ...Just be You. I digress))

I do not want to use mods because I greatly appreciate the authenticity and the relatedness. –I appreciate everything CA has created. I always wanted to see CA's version of platonic friendship with the bachelor or bachelorettes. Unfortunately, there is the possibility that we won't see that.

I think most of the bachelors or bachelorettes are amazing NPC characters and the stories are well-written. I love all the NPC no matter how imperfect they are. It sounds like a lot of work to re-write their stories. I am happy with the game. Most importantly, we are having fun.
I am looking forward to another CA new game. I heard he is developing a new one (that is not STV).

Last edited:
I want to use mods one day, by I am also paranoid my lack of software skills is going to delete my let's play series -_- I can so see me doing that. Knowing that there is a mod for NPC characters to marry is awesome though! I have only ever modded rimworld and you don't have a vanilla version after that.... I guess I just need to set up the time to deal with the issue, maybe mods are the answer.... for me or maybe one mod anyway

Quillmagic

Farmer
I think Quillmagic was joking ("I need that thing! Quick, lock a bunch of monkeys in the typewriter room!"), though we of course have a lot of instances of fan-written dialogue in mods, hehe. It just seems pretty unlikely that someone that developed solo for so long and now sits at a whopping 2-man team would take a bunch of random fan subs! I usually interpret tweets like that to not mean, "I haven't had time, if only someone else would do it" but, "I haven't had time to do it the way I want to do it, but I'm open to doing it in the future" :)

I obviously can't speak for him, but I've already seen plenty of mod-users that believed CA directly "adds" mods into the game (because of adding similar QoL features over time), so I could see how you'd want to avoid any situations like "a bunch of people wrote this feature in my game" that might contribute to that impression, hehe.

Fan-subs aside, I do think more friendship options and rivalmances would be nice. I'm glad there are mods for villagers to get together, so they aren't eternally waiting on me to ask them out, not realizing that I've begun a monster sanctuary instead.

(Although I don't see rivalmances working out well in vanilla. It seems like too much work/content to make optional, and even if someone waited for you to be married before putting the moves on another villager, I think the majority of players expect everyone to be available post-divorce :P )
Yes I was joking just to clear everything up :laugh: I agree with everyone that fansubs would give them sort of a bias towards one or another character. Rivalmances I think would add a layer of depth…but then what if you divorce? Maybe there should be an option to “set up” a couple? And that would put them in the right place at the right time to maybe start dating? Idk, again, I don’t think my suggestions through very well

mouse

Farmer
I want to use mods one day, by I am also paranoid my lack of software skills is going to delete my let's play series -_- I can so see me doing that. Knowing that there is a mod for NPC characters to marry is awesome though! I have only ever modded rimworld and you don't have a vanilla version after that.... I guess I just need to set up the time to deal with the issue, maybe mods are the answer.... for me or maybe one mod anyway
Stardew has a friendly and helpful modding community, and SMAPI does its best to communicate something has gone wrong if there's a conflict somewhere :) If you ever decide to give it a shot, there's a page on the wiki for getting started. And if something isn't clear (or you just want to be around a lot of people making and using mods), the modding channels in the Stardew Valley Discord server are really good resources. I don't personally have any rivalmance mods installed because I want them to work in a VERY specific way, but there's a platonic relationships mod that's pretty nice.

You could always tinker with mods on one save and keep the other vanilla!

Anyway, sorry for derail -- I see opportunity for potential convert for pufferchick, I take it :D In conclusion, villager life, friendships, and even romances independent of player influence are all appealing to me, even when they don't necessarily fit well into current player expectations/loop, and while it would be extremely difficult for me to not recruit First Mate Krobus, more friend-focused content would be awesome. :thumbsup:

Hey guys. I find this nice picture from Tumblr. Shout out to this artist. It is the most accurate representation when one of the bachelors sees you as a love interest. – still friendzone huh? LOL