I request help converting/making a mod to work on modded switch

Linknight7

Cowpoke
I know I"m limited to only visual mods, mods that don't use SMAPI on my moded switch, so I wanted to try it first with this simple mod [https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2927] , a visual change only...sadly no 'Ui Info Suite' or 'Automate' for me ;(

I'm following steps here to make/convert the mod:
Unfortunately the 'target' is 4 different files, one for each season. How do I do step 3-part2 then?

Or is there a easier way to do this?

Sorry and thanks in advance!

Update:
I did some trial and error, got it to work, sort of.
https://tg-image.com/file/192c1fe405d808e0a1dc9.jpg
Any idea what I did wrong and how to fix?

Last edited:

Linknight7

Cowpoke
Update 3:
Took a few days to figure out what I did wrong on my own, I'm embarrassed that it was a simple thing, but was hard for me to figure out since I didn't know what it was called that went wrong or how to fix it.

To those that want to know: Paint does NOT save/keep colors that were set as transparent, to STAY transparent after you edit/save that image/PNG file, no idea why.
I had to install and use GIMP to do all this, a MAJOR learning curve for me, but got it working on my modded switch and can choose either 'Dry' or 'Blue' leaves for his winter look ;)

Dyanosis

Tiller
Update 3:
Took a few days to figure out what I did wrong on my own, I'm embarrassed that it was a simple thing, but was hard for me to figure out since I didn't know what it was called that went wrong or how to fix it.

To those that want to know: Paint does NOT save/keep colors that were set as transparent, to STAY transparent after you edit/save that image/PNG file, no idea why.
I had to install and use GIMP to do all this, a MAJOR learning curve for me, but got it working on my modded switch and can choose either 'Dry' or 'Blue' leaves for his winter look ;)
I recommend paint.net instead. Much easier to get used to (especially if you're just dealing with transparency). Also, MS Paint (which I assume is what you're talking about) was never meant to handle transparency. Though I have read online that it should work, my copy doesn't (maybe it's a Win10 vs Win11 thing).

Either way, GIMP (and other programs like it) are meant for people who want all those features. paint.net is much more straight forward.