I really wish there was Signs or Books you can write on

Vented1

Farmhand
I would love to have a feature to write things down on a sign or book you can hold in your inventory . it would be very easy to keep notes and a agenda of what you want to do. you could also just write other things or directional signs . what do others think of this idea im sure i wasnt the only person wanting this

There are mods for these things. And I really love this idea because when you play on switch you can't have mods so in vanilla SV this would be great.

imnvs

Local Legend
You can make signs and take any item and apply it to the sign to put that item on the sign... while still keeping the item. It's not words, but with the size of things in this game, how big a sign are you looking for? You'd need something that takes up the size of the house to get many words on them.

LRangerR

Local Legend
You can make signs and take any item and apply it to the sign to put that item on the sign... while still keeping the item. It's not words, but with the size of things in this game, how big a sign are you looking for? You'd need something that takes up the size of the house to get many words on them.
I think they're looking for something more akin to a journal, which, as has been said above, there are mods for. Failing that you could always go the old fashioned way and use some pens and/or papers.

Elenna101

Farmer
I do think being able to write your own journal entries would be a neat idea, although it would be a pain to use on console, but maybe there can be an on-screen keyboard which would be enough for at least short notes. On mobile particularly I'm usually playing in bed or while travelling, so pen and paper doesn't really work, and it's a bit annoying to have to exit the Stardew app to get to my notes.

Vented1

Farmhand
Well my idea for a sign would it to be almost like a terraria sign where if there was writing you would just see lines you could not actually read and when you approach the sign or click on it the text appears on your screen in a pop up .

fellandean

Farmhand
Thanks for the advice, I'll have to try it. It would be convenient, I myself like books and sometimes write, sometimes I turn to https://edubirdie.com/write-my-essay-for-me who have extensive experience in writing various types of works, they can provide useful advice

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend