I made cross-platform farm planner for 1.5

GrayWolf

Farmhand
I named it "Stardew Valley Designer". I made both desktop (Windows, Linux) and web (every browser except Safari) versions.

Stardew Valley Designer is a free and open-source Stardew Valley farm editor. The goal of this project is to provide a finely tuned, feature-rich editor for designing your farm and the interior of all its buildings.

Check it out here: https://stardewdesigner.com/.

Its features are:
  • Working editor for various layouts
  • Map zoom (via scroll)
  • Savedata import
  • Ability to save design as an image
  • Ability to save and import designs as file (experimental)
  • Basic editor tools (hand, drag, pen, eraser, select, eye dropper)
  • Various shapes for pen, eraser and select
    • rectangle, rectangle outline
    • ellipse, ellipse outline
    • diamond, diamond outline
    • line
  • History manager (undo, redo)
  • Layers support
  • Furniture support
  • Wallpapers and flooring support
  • Chest colors support
  • Toggleable "area of effect" hints for scarecrows, sprinklers, bee houses, and junimo huts
  • Accurate real-time rendering
  • And many more :smile:
Although, it's in quite a good shape, I'm still working on it and it has many missing features.

What it's (currently) missing:
  • Help section
  • Support for greenhouse and farmhouse
  • Several layouts
  • Support for trees and fruit trees
  • Search fields for various types of items
  • Support for building paintings
  • Support for languages other than English
  • Support for tappers, crab pots
  • Support for modified sprinklers
  • Better performance
  • Furniture rotation menu
  • Stardew Valley mods support
  • And else
The desktop application has no Windows certificates, so Windows may warn you not to install it because the OS does not recognize the app.
But don't be scared, the app is open source and safe. I hope to fix the warnings later.

Web version is quite experimental at the moment, so be prepared for bugs and the long initial loading time :toothy:
I've been working on this for 3 years and don't plan to stop :skull:

desktop-04.png
web-01.png
desktop-03.png

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
This is genuinely really really well done, you should be super proud, I messed around on it for about an hour, contrasting it to other farm planners and honestly it was super fast as well as looking great and not being simply a 2D sprite overlay. My only issues with it were ones you covered and the fact that it took incredibly long to load up save files and sometimes just quit halfway through. That could be virtue of my larger than average save files as I tested over multiple.
The only thing I would suggest is that you have a setting (toggle?) to overlap entities over one another, a surprising amount of people (myself included) use the farm planner as a stardew template to create art from and overlapping allows more expression and less dull spots. This is pretty niche though and I don't mind using other farm planners to mess around in this way.
Again, amazing job, definitely going to be my first pick for planning from now on.