I made art on Ginger Island

imnvs

Local Legend
How did you force the poppies to be the color you wanted?
There are ways to predict the color...

...but he would have had to plant certain flowers on certain days and all the flowers of the same type wouldn't be maturing at the same time.

I am not sure, but it is entirely possible that he may have had to be careful to avoid harvesting flowers while planting flowers too, that this took a good amount of time spent meticulously building this. Am I right, @BlaDe?

Boo1972

Farmer
I am not sure, but it is entirely possible that he may have had to be careful to avoid harvesting flowers while planting flowers too, that this took a good amount of time spent meticulously building this. Am I right, @BlaDe?
This is what blows my mind. I can’t tell you the number of flowers I’ve accidentally picked. It must have taken forever. This is actually one of the most impressive SDV things I’ve seen.

I’m guessing then that color is based on date and location planted- sort of the reverse of how crop quality is determined.

BlaDe

Farmer
The colour of a flower is determined on plant. It uses the day of month and the location of the flower. There is a mode in my predictor that predicts the colour.

I designed the image in Tiled so I could see how the final image would look. I then mapped it in sheets so I could note what needed to be planted when. When working on it I kept everything as seeds so there wasnt any accidental harvesting, and used rain totems to grow.

There were a couple of mistakes that needed to be fixed up.

I actually did this on stream if you want to see the planting process.

Wow, that's so awesome! No doubt it took a lot of work but, it sure looks beautiful!
I did not know it was even possible to use the crops/ plants to make art designs! It's amazing! 😋