I have an idea for my farm and was wondering if this would work.

0._

Cowpoke
So, I don't have a lot of farming xp yet. I have level 4 farming I believe but I want to start using kegs as soon as possible. I asked for advice on leveling farming in a different thread so that's not what I'm here for. If I were to plant a bunch of Hops and then make a bunch of bee houses and make mead and pale ale. Then I would sell. Would this work well like I am envisioning?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hops is a great way to get a lot of Farming XP if you don't mind Harvesting every day. Fun tip: it's apparently a little easier to Harvest from walking past vertical rows than horizontal ones though I prefer horizontal for my design uses. Just remember to leave spaces between each so you reach them all as you walk past as the Hops frame thingys are a barrier you can't walk through. I don't think you get any XP from making Artisan Goods so that would be for the g profits.

Profits are good, no problems there!

0._

Cowpoke
Hops is a great way to get a lot of Farming XP if you don't mind Harvesting every day. Fun tip: it's apparently a little easier to Harvest from walking past vertical rows than horizontal ones though I prefer horizontal for my design uses. Just remember to leave spaces between each so you reach them all as you walk past as the Hops frame thingys are a barrier you can't walk through. I don't think you get any XP from making Artisan Goods so that would be for the g profits.

Profits are good, no problems there!
Wait........ I'm looking at the wiki now and it says that hops takes 11 days to grow and then after the first harvest it regrows after 1 day, yes? I'm kinda confused on how it works.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Wait........ I'm looking at the wiki now and it says that hops takes 11 days to grow and then after the first harvest it regrows after 1 day, yes? I'm kinda confused on how it works.
Yes it regrows every day so you harvest every day and you get the XP on every harvest.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Ah, okay. So a layout would be like you would lay out kegs in a shed essentially? That meaning with the space to walk between because you can't walk through hops?
Yes, a Shed is very space efficient for machines like Kegs. And what I do is keep one Keg outside next to the door as an indicator so you'll know when all the Kegs inside are done without needing to check them.

0._

Cowpoke
Yes, a Shed is very space efficient for machines like Kegs. And what I do is keep one Keg outside next to the door as an indicator so you'll know when all the Kegs inside are done without needing to check them.
Good plan. So what I'll start with is planting hops and then before I can get kegs, I'll put them in preserve jars and sell them like that until I get to kegs and then I can start doing pale ale as well as mead. For that to work well, I'm going to need to progress to the greenhouse which I have no clue how to do but the wiki exists!

To get the greenhouse, you just have to complete all the bundles for the pantry. Unless you chose remixed bundles, it is a selection of crops from each season, gold star crops, some animal products, and some tree fruit/artisan goods. Hopefully you already completed the spring crops bundle, or saved the items.

wildandblue

Sodbuster
Here's a tip if you don't already know: to check whether an item inventory is needed in a community center bundle, tap on the item and the community center link (called the Golden Scroll icon) in your inventory's upper right screen will pulse. Tapping that icon will display each Community Center room (you've unlocked) so you can see what you need without going to the CC each time.

Jianadaren1

Farmhand
Good plan. So what I'll start with is planting hops and then before I can get kegs, I'll put them in preserve jars and sell them like that until I get to kegs and then I can start doing pale ale as well as mead.
You might want to just save the hops until you get the kegs. Pickled hops sell for 100 but pale ale sells for 300