I hate mosquitos, but I finally found something they're good for and I hate it

stardew_luv

Planter
They're pollinators. Yup. Males eat nectar sometimes. I mean females do too but they're more busy eating you.
Yep we are in dire need of pollinators right now due to climate change. They are actually starting to breed mosquitoes again because their populations have dwindled significantly believe it or not and it’s affecting wildlife from the bottom up. They definitely aren’t useless, though annoying as heck and still the worlds number one killer of humans in their ability to spread fatal illness.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I wouldn't mind finding another species of flying thing that could pollinate the same flowers and do it without carrying malaria, dengue, zika, West Nile and Chikungunya. Maybe we could knock that list down to say 3 pollinator-borne diseases? What do flying squirrels pollinate?
I wouldn't be jumping to those crazy creatures just yet, you've never seen true horror until you've witnessed the terror of a coordinated flying squirrel attack

LRangerR

Local Legend
Too bad I don't care; they still suck
Edit: didn't realize the irony in my statement until after I posted it
Ha!
Yep we are in dire need of pollinators right now due to climate change. They are actually starting to breed mosquitoes again because their populations have dwindled significantly believe it or not and it’s affecting wildlife from the bottom up. They definitely aren’t useless, though annoying as heck and still the worlds number one killer of humans in their ability to spread fatal illness.
I mean, I get it but I'm with lew on this one. I would desperately like them to find a different kinda pollinators, or heck even do it by hand if you have to. The last thing this world needs is more of Satans spawn buzzing around all over the place

stardew_luv

Planter
Ha!

I mean, I get it but I'm with lew on this one. I would desperately like them to find a different kinda pollinators, or heck even do it by hand if you have to. The last thing this world needs is more of Satans spawn buzzing around all over the place
Sure, me too. But we’ve almost all but killed honeybees off. Plus unfortunately it’s gotta be something that fish, reptiles, birds, small mammals and the like can eat for sustenance and unfortunately they dig skeeters and other small insects.

HaleyRocks

Farmer
Wasps are good pollinators too, better than mosquitos at that, plus use for nutrition various pests that threaten plants' health.

But i have a personal grudge with them, post being stung twice last year and having health complications... Now i hunt them down, destroy their nests and evolved my spray-can dual-wielding, to the point that i can zap them while flying (the cone always catches them).