I got a brown suit from chopping a tree?

m4ddy

Newcomer
So I just started a new save and on the first day I was chopping down an oak tree and a brown suit appeared in my inventory, has this happened to anyone else?

VampireCake

Farmer
Unfortunately, no boots or hats. :'(
I've definitely got a couple of hats this way. Also various shirts and small furniture items - houseplants, end tables, chairs, and small decoration items; so far nothing you can't find in the main furniture catalogue.

...although as far as shirts go, apparently there are two you can only get as this type of random drop. Yup.

HaleyRocks

Farmer
I've definitely got a couple of hats this way. Also various shirts and small furniture items - houseplants, end tables, chairs, and small decoration items; so far nothing you can't find in the main furniture catalogue.

...although as far as shirts go, apparently there are two you can only get as this type of random drop. Yup.
What are those two? Aren't they randomly sold, at Sandy's?

VampireCake

Farmer
What are those two? Aren't they randomly sold, at Sandy's?
https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Tailoring#Shirts - Tie Dye Shirt and Red Buttoned Vest, 'only obtainable as a random cosmetic item'. (I know it's the 'tailoring' page, 'shirts' redirects there, neither of them has a recipe) Sandy does have some less common shirts for sale, but not every shirt, sadly.

...maybe I shouldn't mention the hats you can only get at the desert festival. :sweat:

Lew Zealand

Helper
The Neat Bow Shirt is also listed as only obtainable as a random cosmetic item, I have one of those! Not sure about the Red Buttoned Vest, but it looooooks familiar... I definitely do not have the Tie Dye Shirt because I'd be wearing it all the time!

Additionally Sandy has about 2 dozen Shirts that cannot be obtained any way other than selecting one of them at initial character creation. Which is what I do, at least that reduces the Unobtanium amount by one! The other ~2 dozen must be bought at Sandy's and it's random so check every day. Yes I do this and @sameperson_differentfont must have as well.

The Neat Bow Shirt is also listed as only obtainable as a random cosmetic item, I have one of those! Not sure about the Red Buttoned Vest, but it looooooks familiar... I definitely do not have the Tie Dye Shirt because I'd be wearing it all the time!

Additionally Sandy has about 2 dozen Shirts that cannot be obtained any way other than selecting one of them at initial character creation. Which is what I do, at least that reduces the Unobtanium amount by one! The other ~2 dozen must be bought at Sandy's and it's random so check every day. Yes I do this and @sameperson_differentfont must have as well.
Yep 😭

Rhiannon

Farmer

I had no idea! On my 11-year save, I don't think Rhiannon has changed her clothes once. New Rhiannon should really consider changing her clothes each season...

Lew Zealand

Helper
I had no idea! On my 11-year save, I don't think Rhiannon has changed her clothes once. New Rhiannon should really consider changing her clothes each season...
When SDV v1.4 came out and introduced Tailoring, I ignored it and generally treated v1.4 as the 14 :heart: Event update with Fish Ponds and the Movie Theater as nice additions. It was only much later that I somehow stumbled onto Tailoring, probably thanks to creative Forum peoples making cool Spirit's Eve costumes. And I found Tailoring to be a fun way of expressing yourself in the game.

One way to nudge me into considering new styles is to visit Sandy every day I can to see what Shirt she's selling. I'll buy it if it's annoying to Tailor (like you make it from a Complete Breakfast) or if it's the aforementioned Unobtanium, and then I at least consider making some complementary Pants and adding a nice Hat to wear for a day or a week. Keeps things fresh, especially at end game.

I was reviewing the v1.4 updates to see what else was added then as all I really remembered was the 14 :heart: events and stumbled across this absolute gem:

Junimo Kart has been completely redone and is now actually fun.
NO

NO

I do not accept this judgement. How was Junimo Kart actually WORSE than it is now. HOW?????
I have my old v1.3.36 installers from GOG (as you get offline installers for all their games) and in a fit of pique, I may install SDV v1.3.36 just to see what true torture really means.

Or I may choose blissful sanity through ignorance, just this once.