I feel horrible!

I’ve been playing Stardew for a good long while now (I play on switch just to preface) and this is about the spouses, I have phases when it comes to them I can’t keep the interest in one but I feel horrible divorcing them so I just make new saves. However my current obsession is Sebastian and that boy is expensive! And sadly unlike with my save file that I’m married to Haley on I don’t have a glow ring which makes the mines much harder. I just need to know am I the only one that’s like this? also if anyone knows any faster tips to get a glow ring please let me know

Strange, I consider Sebastian one of the easiest to gain hearts with. He loves sashimi, which you can make from any fish, even the cheap crab pot and beach foraged ones. He likes quartz and loves frozen tear, which I generally find in abundance in the mines. He likes coffee, which I usually carry. He loves void egg, which you get everyday upon getting a void chicken. Most importantly, he's usually found by the lake (most often right at a prime fishing spot) or at home, where I need to go frequently to hire Robin. He's one of the easiest characters to talk to and find for deliveries.

I was surprised in my antisocial save when I got the letter from Pierre about the boquet during fall of year one, but not so much when I saw it was Sebastian I'd hit eight hearts with.

I always have more farm designs in mind, so I never divorce because I'll have plenty of chances to marry someone else in the next save if I want. ^_^

Can't really help with philosophising on the marriage aspect of your post; outside of speedrunning Marriage, I've only ever bothered marrying once, in my very first farm.

However, you don't need tips to hunt for a Glow Ring; when you reach Mining 4, you can literally craft a Glowstone Ring, which is a combination Glow Ring and Magnet Ring.

Mining 4 is pretty easy to get, as are the ingredients. The recipe needs only 5 Iron Bars and 5 Solar Essences. Bars are smelted from iron ore, super easy, and the essences are virtually guaranteed (99%) drops from ghosts and mummies, or falling that you could flat out buy some from Krobus, he sells 10 of them every day.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I RPG the game so I don't like to do any divorcing which results in having 5 longer playthroughs with 5 different spouses. I'll admin that 1 became pretty boring and another I really didn't spend enough time in the save to get a good impression of, but the other 3 have been pretty good once the imagination gets engaged a little. And yes, it'll be spouse #6 for the next playthrough.

For Seb, Sashimi is a Loved gift which you get the recipe for at 3 :heart: with Linus, and you can get there with Linus with just picking up some Forage and gifting it to him. Even the lowest grade Fish like Snails and Mussels make the same Sashimi as a Largemouth Bass and when you're done wooing Seb with cheap Loved gifts, Sashimi sells for decent g considering it's made of Mussels.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
essences are virtually guaranteed (99%) drops from ghosts and mummies,
To be fair, the reason they're struggling because they don't have a glow ring is most likely due to the dark levels in the mines, before ghosts or mummies are available to kill

That being said, those floors aren't too bad if you raise your brightness up and take it slow. You only have to do 5 floors a day to make progress so you have plenty of time, and it's only 10 floor in total so you won't have to spent too much time there.

Gift sebastian sashimi and once you get them, void eggs, they're a very easy gift to get in quality and if you aren't already maxed hearts with him at that point it'll finish the job off really easily.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
You can also trade points for a glowstone ring at the fair in the fall, I believe. It's not a bad option if you're struggling in the mines, as getting enough solar essence can be tricky if you just haven't made it to those levels yet.

chemster

Farmhand
Another thing to consider about glow rings is this: if you're doing the bundles, the night fishing reward is a glow ring. You don't have to go to the mines at all! (Of course, you do have to fish, and at least in the basic bundles a couple of the fish only show up on rainy days, but it might be worth thinking about if the other excellent suggestions here don't help!)