Question I deleted my mods and now the game won't open. What's happening and how can i fix it?

aknavy

Newcomer
I had a save a few months back where I had SVE downloaded and when I stopped using SMAPI and deleted the mods every time I opened that save it wouldn't open. So when I made a new save that was going well I thought that if I downloaded mods I wouldn't want to delete them. Now here I am after deleting the mods trying to play the game and it will not open. Is there a way to fix this somehow or is it just one of those things that is what it is? I also tried to get rid of the NPCs in the first save and I must have done it wrong or it didn't work.

Ereo

Helper
Once you use a mod that adds content on a save file, the save file changes permanently. This can lead to the save file not opening without the mods.

If you want to play with mods and without mods sometimes, you need to use different save files.

WheezingJester

Newcomer
Once you use a mod that adds content on a save file, the save file changes permanently. This can lead to the save file not opening without the mods.

If you want to play with mods and without mods sometimes, you need to use different save files.
I'm insanely late here, but i installed mods, didn't play on my main file, yet despite uninstalling the mods, I can't play on that file anymore. Do all files change, or just the one you play on?

Quirinea

Farmer
Only the save you are playing is changing. Ii is possible that an old save that you have played with mods will not work anymore with or without those mods, if the base game or the dependency mods have been updated and something not. Although I've only got farm maps getting broken, a vanilla map is loaded instead resulting in a coop or barn in the middle of a pond or the like...
But If you have a save A without mods, then save B with mods, you play with B, then remove mods and play A, it should be intact.

Ereo

Helper
If you didn't load the save file, it shouldn't have been impacted by the mods.

Can you maybe upload the file here and then somebody can check if they see what's wrong?