Issue I cant get my mods to work anymore

Blackwood

Greenhorn
Im relatively new to modding and things were going smoothly until I updated the game. Now the game just starts normally every time and I cant get SVE to work. It seems like the mods (installed on Vortex) are just being ignored. Here is the SMAPI log.

Okay, I'm relatively certain this is your issue, so I will explain the potential problem. I recently began modding and wanted to play SVE as well, but it wouldn't load no matter what I did. I went at it for 3-4 hours banging my head against a wall that just wouldn't break. I think that it is possible that you have the same issue I did. It has to do with PyTK and TMXL. They haven't been officially updated in quite a while and are completely outdated, thus making SVE not load. There are unofficial versions for both of these mods here and here. The first link is for PyTK and the second is for TMXL. The unofficial versions make the game load in really slow, so just be patient, it should work (it did for me) I hope this solves your issue!

Blackwood

Greenhorn
Okay, I'm relatively certain this is your issue, so I will explain the potential problem. I recently began modding and wanted to play SVE as well, but it wouldn't load no matter what I did. I went at it for 3-4 hours banging my head against a wall that just wouldn't break. I think that it is possible that you have the same issue I did. It has to do with PyTK and TMXL. They haven't been officially updated in quite a while and are completely outdated, thus making SVE not load. There are unofficial versions for both of these mods here and here. The first link is for PyTK and the second is for TMXL. The unofficial versions make the game load in really slow, so just be patient, it should work (it did for me) I hope this solves your issue!
So here's a super dumb question. When I download these zip files, can I drag and drop them into nexus, or do I have to manually place them somewhere? I ask because it feels like I've done this before. I must be doing it wrong. Thank you so much for your help.

So here's a super dumb question. When I download these zip files, can I drag and drop them into nexus, or do I have to manually place them somewhere? I ask because it feels like I've done this before. I must be doing it wrong. Thank you so much for your help.
Okay, sorry for the little bit late reply. The way I do it is just to download the zip file, copy it, and paste it into my mods folder, which can be found by going into Steam (if you use steam) and clicking properties, going into browse local files, and you should see your mod folder. Just tell me if you need more assistance and I will do my best to give you some help.

Blackwood

Greenhorn
Ok, that's the way I ended up doing it too, So I'm gonna assume that Pytk and TMXL are updated properly. Now I'm getting an error that says I have an invalid primary tool, and that quick launch has reverted to the games' executable. I don't even know where to start on that one.

Well, If you could give us a SMAPI log so I can take a look then we may be able to figure it out. Be warned though, this is where my experience runs out and I may not be able to help you as much.