Switch I am the host please help. Desperately looking for co-op help!

Suz

Cowpoke
Hi! First I’d like to say hello and I’m new here!
kind of newish to Stardew. My daughter kept bugging me to play. I began a game on my own many moons ago could not figure it out. I mastered ACNH and she said this was better. I quit after one week! She suggested we do a coop game so she could teach me. We did an island together and she showed me the ropes! I fell in love! Addicted a little bit. I had seen a YouTube video and they did a cabin with the levels in the house and kept chests in it with inventory. So smart! So I bought a cabin to try it. Problem is I cannot move the bed. If I’m the host why can’t I have the Cabin too? Am I only allowed to have the main house? I also saw a farm and how they kept the pigs in their own area and now I am producing tons of truffles. Can you help me with the extra cabin thing? Is there a way to have her leave the coop without loosing my progress, she isn’t playing any longer on the coop. She won’t come back now! 😤 She has her own island on her account. I do t want to start over from scratch. Please help this newbie.
Thank you

Odin

Staff member
Problem is I cannot move the bed.
You should be able to move your bed around, this feature is available on Switch.
If I’m the host why can’t I have the Cabin too? Am I only allowed to have the main house?
Whoever is hosting a game will live in the farmhouse, while cabins are for other people that join a multiplayer. That said, anyone in a game can sleep in any bed, and you can certainly decorate a cabin and make it yours.
Is there a way to have her leave the coop without loosing my progress, she isn’t playing any longer on the coop.
If you're the host, then absolutely. Removing the cabin that another player joined through will remove their character and all of their progress from that farm, but won't affect the host. That said, if you think she may want to join again later, you can just leave the cabin and continue playing that farm on your own.

Suz

Cowpoke
You should be able to move your bed around, this feature is available on Switch.

Whoever is hosting a game will live in the farmhouse, while cabins are for other people that join a multiplayer. That said, anyone in a game can sleep in any bed, and you can certainly decorate a cabin and make it yours.

If you're the host, then absolutely. Removing the cabin that another player joined through will remove their character and all of their progress from that farm, but won't affect the host. That said, if you think she may want to join again later, you can just leave the cabin and continue playing that farm on your own.
thank you. I placed another cabin on my farm to use as a storage so I can have the different levels. But I’m not able to move the bed. Should I just remove it all together? Or add another player from my profile ?

MogBeoulve

Farmer
The bed in the cabin belongs to the farmhand who uses it. The host can't move it. If you want a building to store machines, build a shed.

Suz

Cowpoke
I have a couple questions…
1) I never found a letter by my stack of wood.
2) I place 3 slime into incubators and they haven’t hatched yet.
3) do some color slimes take longer IRL time take longer?
4) how do you put a chest on ginger island and not have it disappear the next day?
- is there a certain place to put it.

Odin

Staff member
2) I place 3 slime into incubators and they haven’t hatched yet.
3) do some color slimes take longer IRL time take longer?
The color should not matter, they do take several in game days to hatch. It's worth noting that if the slime hutch is full (20 slimes is the limit), the eggs will not hatch and just stay in the incubator.
4) how do you put a chest on ginger island and not have it disappear the next day?
On the Switch, if you place a chest or other item in the path of a villager, when they try to walk through that chest, they will break it. I recommend trying to place in the chest in an area that looks out of the way. I know the wiki has some maps showing spaces that are safe to place items like chests on, but I'm not sure if there are maps of that kind for Ginger Island.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
On the Switch, if you place a chest or other item in the path of a villager, when they try to walk through that chest, they will break it. I recommend trying to place in the chest in an area that looks out of the way. I know the wiki has some maps showing spaces that are safe to place items like chests on, but I'm not sure if there are maps of that kind for Ginger Island.
Wickedy still has maps for safe spots in 1.5 up here.