1.6 Update I’ve been SO SPOILED by mobile Stardew it’s not even funny!

ArtifactSpot

So I installed 1.6 on my husband’s Steam Deck today and I was in for a mighty humbling experience. ☺ I had no idea you have to select which tools to use (that’s automatically done for you on mobile) and it took me all day just to clear a teensy patch of land, chopped instead of used scythe on precious fiber and used up my energy, after which I didn’t even have time to move off my farm to find food in cindersap spring onion patch. I felt like a forty something old toddler trying to play on the steam deck, heck they probably could better than me LOL! 🤣🤣🤣 Not to mention what happens when the caves open and I’m used to auto attack! 🤣🤣🤣 Harvey and I will be seeing a lot of each other before I have time to meet anyone else. 🤣 🤣 🤣

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Far enough, when I first got into mobile I hadn’t played the game on pc for years and when I finally decided to get back into pc it was like jumping into cold water. I totally missed the auto tool usage as I only ever used tap to move.
now when I play mobile I play it like a pc, attacking and swapping tools manually and it allows me to be more precise.

nicodeux

Farmer
So I installed 1.6 on my husband’s Steam Deck today and I was in for a mighty humbling experience. ☺ I had no idea you have to select which tools to use (that’s automatically done for you on mobile) and it took me all day just to clear a teensy patch of land, chopped instead of used scythe on precious fiber and used up my energy, after which I didn’t even have time to move off my farm to find food in cindersap spring onion patch. I felt like a forty something old toddler trying to play on the steam deck, heck they probably could better than me LOL! 🤣🤣🤣 Not to mention what happens when the caves open and I’m used to auto attack! 🤣🤣🤣 Harvey and I will be seeing a lot of each other before I have time to meet anyone else. 🤣 🤣 🤣
I played Stardew Valley on mobile first and when I installed it on my computer, I had the same experience than you, feeling like I was completely rediscovering the game controls and making slow progress! 😅

By the way, I'm glad you gave a try to update 1.6 and seem to enjoy it! 👍