Hyper Speed-Gro -- Is It Worth It?

... for the crafting cost of 1 Radioactive Ore, 3 Bone Frags, and 1 Solar Essence?

So I'm wondering how much of a difference that 8% faster growth time could really make to justify going through all that trouble to craft this as opposed to buying Deluxe Speed-Gro from the Calico Desert Oasis for 80g?

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
It can last forever under the right conditions, so can indeed be worth it. HSG + Agriculturalist and you can grow starfruit and harvest 1/week.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
It’s worth it in some scenarios. Generally you’ll be better off not bothering but if you want to squeeze the most out of your starfruit on the island and greenhouse for example you’ll have to use it as well as profession swap to agriculturist for a sweet 7 day growth. You’ll swap back to artisan whenever you need to sell.

It can last forever under the right conditions, so can indeed be worth it. HSG + Agriculturalist and you can grow starfruit and harvest 1/week.
I get that it could in the Greenhouse and Ginger Island, but how to make it last forever anywhere else? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth crafting a large amount of it (like 500 or so) for my next playthrough.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I personally tend to use Radioactive Ore to smelt Radioactive Bars to craft Heavy Tappers so that I can get that sweet Oak Resin every 3 days instead of waiting almost a week for it.
You can also just plant twice as many oaks which is probably an easier investment than the hardwood and radioactive bars needed just to match a single other tree.

imnvs

Local Legend
I get that it could in the Greenhouse and Ginger Island, but how to make it last forever anywhere else? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth crafting a large amount of it (like 500 or so) for my next playthrough.
It's generally not worth it to use it on the farm in general, only in the greenhouse or on the island, yes, imho. You probably don't need "500 or so", as you say.