Forest Farm Hummingbird Farm

Jayamos

Farmer
Way back there was a suggestion that we have an imperfect farms thread, so I'm posting this one (apparently I missed planting a spot rushing around on Spring 1? and next time I put in an orchard I'm using fence posts to mark where I want to put next season's trees).
It's my first ever farm. I enjoyed seeing what other people did with the Forest Farm layout—or any layout, really—so I'm posting this for fellow new Forest Farmers.
This was all about exploring the game and roleplaying a diversified farm. I wanted to preserve some of the natural randomness of the original. It's made a sweet home for Leah, me, and newly adopted baby Frankie, complete with sculpture garden/pasture. Sometimes cows get into the orchard, which makes me happy; there's a local farm IRL that has sheep in theirs.
AJayBee_10-31-20Y4 S4.png

Lew Zealand

Helper
That looks great! The Forest Map is my favorite to play the game through non-thematically. I think I have 3 saves on it, 2 of them quite far along, but still with less organization than you have. It's only restrictive when you want to do a theme Farm which I thought I'd never do.

But thanks to FairyRing for the Slime Farm idea and another person who shared their Beach Farm which (apparently only to me) looked like a racetrack, I've found those more open Farm layouts to be more flexible when used for design purposes.

Wow! I really love your orchard! I haven't done a forest farm save yet, but I think I'm going to consider it as my next save. Thanks for sharing your beautiful farm!

Jayamos

Farmer
Thanks! @Lew Zealand, I could definitely see coming back to this farm map for another save. Currently working on a Joja mart run on Hilltop Farm which as you have pointed out elsewhere is a tad challenging but I like figuring out how to make a functional farm within the restrictions. And I'm loving your Slime Farm extravaganza! @WhiteEagle12, the orchard is not super practical for money but I really enjoy it and it's super easy. Plant, deal with debris on occasion for a month, done.

Thanks! @Lew Zealand, I could definitely see coming back to this farm map for another save. Currently working on a Joja mart run on Hilltop Farm which as you have pointed out elsewhere is a tad challenging but I like figuring out how to make a functional farm within the restrictions. And I'm loving your Slime Farm extravaganza! @WhiteEagle12, the orchard is not super practical for money but I really enjoy it and it's super easy. Plant, deal with debris on occasion for a month, done.
Yup, sounds about right! I know most of the best ways of making money--for the most part, an orchard is not one of them. However, like you said, it is tons of fun!

Hill Myna

Farmer
I haven't done a forest farm save yet, but I think I'm going to consider it as my next save.
Oh no... I thought I had convinced you to play on a Beach Farm next save. Remember?

Jokes aside, I've seen numerous Forest Farm playthroughs. I think it's a brilliant map that looks really peaceful and caters well to the lotsa-trees approach (such as the lovely Hummingbird Farm, great name, great job @Jayamos!).

The hardwood is nice, as is the massive amount of free grass starters that it provides from day one (almost as many as the Beach Farm). The fishing is better than some other farms, and the farmable space is usable, unlike on the Riverlands/Hilltop layouts.

Overall, I put it third on my list, behind Four Corners and Beach.