How to transfer a Character save file to another computer?

scarletsekera

Newcomer
Hello! My friend wants to move their character save to another laptop but I am unsure where to even find these folders or how to do this. Is this possible? Any help would be great!

Scarletsekera

From PC Gaming Wiki:
Save game data location • Link

SystemLocation
Windows %APPDATA%\StardewValley\Saves\
Microsoft Store
macOS (OS X) $HOME/.config/StardewValley/Saves/
Linux $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/StardewValley/Saves/

I used this earlier this year to transfer a save after my old laptop died (fortunately I'd backed up some stuff first) and I built a new PC. I just installed the game and then copied over the old file from a USB into the correct place on the new PC. I'm on Linux, and the first was a hidden file on my home folder, so I just selected the 'show hidden files' option in the drop-down menu to get there. I don't know if the same for mac or windows. Hopefully, that helps.

RobinKlocko

Greenhorn
From PC Gaming Wiki:
Save game data location • Link

SystemLocation
Windows%APPDATA%\StardewValley\Saves\
Microsoft Store
macOS (OS X)$HOME/.config/StardewValley/Saves/
Linux$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/StardewValley/Saves/

I used this earlier this year to transfer a save after my old laptop died (fortunately I'd backed up some stuff first) and I built a new PC. I just installed the game and then copied over the old file from a USB into the correct place on the new PC. I'm on Linux, and the first was a hidden file on my home folder, so I just selected the 'show hidden files' option in the drop-down menu to get there. I don't know if the same for mac or windows. Hopefully, that helps.
Thank you, you made my day :)

Edit: I tried it and it works perfectly. I appreciate you.

Last edited: