Question How to specify paths to textures for items in 1.6?

hexagonal

Newcomer
The wiki description of 1.6's furniture changes says for Data/Furniture entries that field 9 is "The asset name of the texture to draw; defaults to Tilesheets/furniture", and field 8 is the index of a sprite within that texture.

I'm trying to use Content Patcher to add a new piece of furniture with its own sprite. JSON Assets says it doesn't support furniture, and on the Discord, I saw discussion about Content Patcher now being capable of this. But I can't figure out how to provide the path to my spritesheet. I try different ways of writing the asset name/path but always get a message about it not being found, and it defaults to being four cursor icons, which I assume are the fallback defaults.

My mod is called CactusChair, and has a spritesheet at assets/CactusChair.png (with four sprites in it for the four rotations). So during gameplay it is located at C:\GOG Games\Stardew Valley\Mods\CactusChair\assets\CactusChair.png.

My current content.json looks like this, with the texture field being the second-last one, here assets\\CactusChair:

JSON:
{
  "Format": "2.0.0",
  "Changes": [
    {
      "Action": "EditData",
      "Target": "Data/Furniture",
      "Entries": {
        "833301": "CactusChair/decor/1 1/1 1/4/8008/2/CactusChair/0/assets\\CactusChair/true"
      }
    }
  ]
}
I have tried the following:

• assets\\CactusChair
  • assets\\CactusChair.png
  • Mods\\CactusChair\\assets\\CactusChair
  • Mods\\CactusChair\\assets\\CactusChair.png
  • ..\\Mods\\CactusChair\\assets\\CactusChair
  • ..\\Mods\\CactusChair\\assets\\CactusChair.png
I thought maybe you'd have to do a Load action to add a spritesheet from a file, but all the documentation I can see says that Load actions specify a target to overwrite, which isn't what I want to do.

I've searched the Content Patcher documentation, this forum, the new and old wiki, and the Discord, and I've downloaded a bunch of furniture mods to look at how they do this, but can't find any info on this or any examples. Would appreciate any help.