How to Milk my Goat!

qaija

Sodbuster
I have a 3 month old goat. I have loved it every day. I have a milk pail. How do I milk it? I have the pail highlighted in my inventory but when I click on the goat, nothing happens. It is no longer a problem with my current game because I bought a grabber and the very next morning there was a large goat milk in it. But I would like to know why I am unable to milk the goat.

Thanks for your help.

Elenna101

Farmer
Are you left clicking or right clicking? It should be right click IIRC.

Also sometimes the hitbox is finicky, try a few different places, maybe around where its shadow is.

Pangaearocks

Planter
First you take off your pants, an..

No wait. In-game. Sorry. Do what Elenna said. Don't take off your pants doing that in-game. Don't wanna give Lewis any ideas he didn't already have.

qaija

Sodbuster
First you take off your pants, an..

No wait. In-game. Sorry. Do what Elenna said. Don't take off your pants doing that in-game. Don't wanna give Lewis any ideas he didn't already have.
It's so tiny that you wouldn't see anything under the hair.......

qaija

Sodbuster
Are you left clicking or right clicking? It should be right click IIRC.

Also sometimes the hitbox is finicky, try a few different places, maybe around where its shadow is.
I thought I had tried both right and left clicking...... but...... knowing me........ I will make a point of right clicking next time. :)

Elenna101

Farmer
Just did some testing - it's been ages since I actually hand milked an animal in Stardew.

First, correction to my previous comment, it is actually left click, right click is for petting them. Sorry.
Second, when you use the pail, even when you're not clicking on an animal your character should have a little animation where they kinda squat a few times and move their hands in front of them, and you should lose a little energy. Are you seeing that?

qaija

Sodbuster
Just did some testing - it's been ages since I actually hand milked an animal in Stardew.

First, correction to my previous comment, it is actually left click, right click is for petting them. Sorry.
Second, when you use the pail, even when you're not clicking on an animal your character should have a little animation where they kinda squat a few times and move their hands in front of them, and you should lose a little energy. Are you seeing that?
Thank you Elena! And yes, I too found out it is left clicking. I am now going to sit down and write out 100 times: IF YOU RIGHT CLICK AND IT DOESN'T WORK, TRY LEFT CLICKING: and IF YOU LEFT CLICK AND IT DOESN'T WORK, TRY RIGHT CLICKING!