how to get the game on my pc

Shasta Haldane

Newcomer
I have been seeing this game being showcased on YouTube and thought I would like to try it. I have been trying to download the game and have run into nothing but sites that want me to buy their products that appear to have nothing to do with the actual game download. I am willing to pay for the game but I can not even find where to pay for it. Help me understand please

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I have been seeing this game being showcased on YouTube and thought I would like to try it. I have been trying to download the game and have run into nothing but sites that want me to buy their products that appear to have nothing to do with the actual game download. I am willing to pay for the game but I can not even find where to pay for it. Help me understand please
You need to get a steam account and buy it off of there, it is really easy once you have it and the game costs 15.99 last time I checked, if you do wait though, the price goes down on holidays to only 40% sometimes though I do not know if steam does dicounts for easter.
Good luck.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Also if you don't want to have Steam installed, you can buy Stardew Valley on GOG.com and use a standalone installer, no extra "game client" program needed. If you want to play co-op with friends, I'd recommend everyone buying it on Steam, though.

Help me understand please
In PC, beside through Steam, you can get the game, in an installer form, through GOG (of course, once you bought it there). According to my experience, you can't play online multiplayer there (well, not without GOG Galaxy), though you can still play local multiplayer between two computers connected with LAN cable.

Anyway, I hope it helps, and welcome to the forums, Shasta!

Last edited: