How to get rich faster

dee99dee

Greenhorn
When i played stv for the first time i focused on framing and fishing as a ways to earn cash, but now i've found a new way to get richer than i've ever been:
Focus on making and selling ancient fruit wine, it gives an awesome cash. When i got my first ancient seed i kept it until i fixed the greenhouse, i planted it and made more seeds by seed maker and planted more plants. It's wine is the most expensive and if you have a cellar where you can age the wine it will give a good money.
Now i don't need to farm at nay season, just harvesting the fruits, putting it in the keg and collecting them.:happy:

stardew_luv

Planter
Yes ancient fruit and Starfruit wines are the best money makers in the game with Artisan profession. Ancient fruit is often preferred as you don’t need to buy or use some of your precious crop to make new seeds. In the green house or later on Ginger Island farm are the best places. Plant once and done forever. Harvest weekly and then put into kegs. One week later boom. Hundreds of thousands dollars.

A very close second non alcoholic option are many barns of pigs. If you have gatherer and botanist profession you can sell them as is for the price of truffle oil. No need to process just pick up and thrown in bin. Time consuming but worth it.

dee99dee

Greenhorn
@stardew_luv
Yeah totally agree :heart: i never thought about trading truffle oil even if it's expensive because animals needs hay, patting on thier heads everyday, but I'll consider it since i have empty spaces in my farm

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
@stardew_luv
Yeah totally agree :heart: i never thought about trading truffle oil even if it's expensive because animals needs hay, patting on thier heads everyday, but I'll consider it since i have empty spaces in my farm
You can also get auto petters either from golden mystery boxes, joja, skull cavern, or the dangerous mines which will not only maintain friendship and mood with your animals but also increase it (also stacks with manual petting for super fast friendship)

Lew Zealand

Helper
I find the Animal products balance here to be very interesting as I'm trying to minimize the time needed on the Farm. I recently traded in all but one of my Pigs for Sheep because I needed lotsa Cloth and someone posted pointing out how the Autopetter picks up Wool automatically while the Farmer needs to pick up Truffles. I usually process even :iristar: Truffles to Oil so the processing is no big deal and anyway processing effort is pretty instantaneous as opposed to Truffle pickup. After 2 seasons, the effort and time of Sheep are clearly winning for me even if the g is a little lower.

Because as mentioned by dee99dee I have a Greenhouse 90% full of Ancient Fruit for Wine and Preserves, a modest Farm plot making Rhubarb, Starfruit and Pumpkin, and Ginger 1/3 full of Pineapple and Blueberries.

Wool/Cloth is for Clothes and still works OK for occasional selling.

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I find the Animal products balance here to be very interesting as I'm trying to minimize the time needed on the Farm. I recently traded in all but one of my Pigs for Sheep because I needed lotsa Cloth and someone posted pointing out how the Autopetter picks up Wool automatically while the Farmer needs to pick up Truffles. I usually process even :iristar: Truffles to Oil so the processing is no big deal and anyway processing effort is pretty instantaneous as opposed to Truffle pickup. After 2 seasons, the effort and time of Sheep are clearly winning for me even if the g is a little lower.

Because as mentioned by dee99dee I have a Greenhouse 90% full of Ancient Fruit for Wine and Preserves, a modest Farm plot making Rhubarb, Starfruit and Pumpkin, and Ginger 1/3 full of Pineapple and Blueberries.

Wool/Cloth is for Clothes and still works OK for occasional selling.
Sheep are great cash in 1.6, you get faster wool production from having them at high hearts, even faster wool production from having Shepard (getting 1 wool a day at this point), and an animal cracker to top it off and you have 2 wool a day.

Wool was also buffed (or I guess the loom was), and now you get more cloth than ever, getting like 2500g+ a day PER sheep, that's about 3.5 million g a year from each barn, pretty amazing.

Sheep are great cash in 1.6, you get faster wool production from having them at high hearts, even faster wool production from having Shepard (getting 1 wool a day at this point), and an animal cracker to top it off and you have 2 wool a day.

Wool was also buffed (or I guess the loom was), and now you get more cloth than ever, getting like 2500g+ a day PER sheep, that's about 3.5 million g a year from each barn, pretty amazing.
True but pigs are still king no? I wonder how much it would be affected by winter tho

dee99dee

Greenhorn

Wow this looks great 👌 I'm looking forward for the release of 1.6 on phones