How to fix FPS Jittering Effect (Steam)

CheeseBurger_

Greenhorn
What the issue is:
If you've noticed a seemingly jittering effect while walking around the game, then this guide will probably help you :)
Click here to see an example of the issue.

How I Fixed The Issue With No External Software (Permanently):
This only works if you play Stardew Valley through Steam. I'm using Windows 10, so I'm not sure if it works on Mac or not.
- Go to the launch page for SDV in Steam
- Select the Gear Icon, right next to the information icon and the star.
- Select "Properties"
- Select the general tab
- Under launch options, type: "-threads 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11" (THIS IS WHAT I USE FOR MY 12 THREAD CPU).
- If you have, say, six threads, then you would enter this: "-threads 1,2,3,4,5"
- Or if you have sixteen threads, then you would enter something like this: "-threads 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15"
- You're simply excluding the final thread. (num. of threads - 1)

This fixed the bug for me. If it didn't fix it for you, then let me know and I may be able to help :)

Lew Zealand

Helper
Thanks, I'll try this. I had a different jittering experience:

Intel NUC w/internal Intel iGPU: no jittering
Gaming PC with Nvidia 1060 or 1080 GPU - no jittering
Same gaming PC with new Radeon 5600XT GPU - jittering dagnabbit!

I'll try this with the Radeon as it's been moved to another PC in the house to see if that makes a difference. I assumed it was the Radeon doing something funny, but as I was not laughing, perhaps I was wrong.

CheeseBurger_

Greenhorn
Thanks, I'll try this. I had a different jittering experience:

Intel NUC w/internal Intel iGPU: no jittering
Gaming PC with Nvidia 1060 or 1080 GPU - no jittering
Same gaming PC with new Radeon 5600XT GPU - jittering dagnabbit!

I'll try this with the Radeon as it's been moved to another PC in the house to see if that makes a difference. I assumed it was the Radeon doing something funny, but as I was not laughing, perhaps I was wrong.
It seems like AMD parts seem to be the root of the issue. I have a Ryzen CPU and I have the problem.