Question How the heck do I get mods? (Fire tablet)

DragonGwen

Farmer
I've gone through the wiki (not helpful) and I got the installer and I just don't know how to do like "unzip files" I'm used to the stinking easiness of Minecraft modding okay???!?! My files app is UACHTARACH and I can only get so far. Plz help!

Bark Ruffalo

Planter
I have an old fire tablet (Fire HD10 7th generation, 2019) where the mods and the game work fine. it hasn't updated in a while and with Android's newer updates, I have not been able to get mods to work on my newer phone in over a year and I just got a new tablet that I am pretty much giving up on.

DragonGwen

Farmer
I have an old fire tablet (Fire HD10 7th generation, 2019) where the mods and the game work fine. it hasn't updated in a while and with Android's newer updates, I have not been able to get mods to work on my newer phone in over a year and I just got a new tablet that I am pretty much giving up on.
How the heck did you get them to work???? Mine is from 2020 and I can't find a decent tutorial on how to get them

Bark Ruffalo

Planter
How the heck did you get them to work???? Mine is from 2020 and I can't find a decent tutorial on how to get them
You might need to download a different file manager or a file unzipper. for my fire tablet i use simple file manager, it has the orange app icon.

DragonGwen

Farmer
Now I'm using My Files to find stuff and can't find my world files plus I can't seem to add mods... My Stardew life is a living heck right now

DragonGwen

Farmer
Found out that i have to downgrade my SV to play with mods....... Sounds like I'm not playing on Gwen for a while

Ereo

Helper
Found out that i have to downgrade my SV to play with mods....... Sounds like I'm not playing on Gwen for a while
There should be a smapi version that works with 1.5, but not all mods will be updated I suppose. Are you using the newest smapi?

DragonGwen

Farmer
There should be a smapi version that works with 1.5, but not all mods will be updated I suppose. Are you using the newest smapi?
Yeah........ I have to use mobile SMAPI and it says that I can't. I'll check the mods and try again
Edit: tried removing some mods. CJB cheats and the other one, gone. Some atheistic ones I had, gone. Still doesn't freaking work....

Last edited: