How should I make the end of my Joja Run momentous? (possible mild mid/late game spoilers)

abzkelly

Farmhand
I am doing a Joja Run playthrough in a hundred days / one year kind of challenge.

My focus on this playthrough isn’t speed, but flair.

I have my cows (cash cows), 3 sturgeon ponds (for fancy caviar), working on kegs for my fancy brewery, and I have recently married Haley (because her room is blue and she’s materialistic like my in game character).

With a little hustle, I am nearly finishing Joja Marts upgrades by the end of Summer. I have unlocked the minecarts, bus, and greenhouse so far.

So now I’m figuring out what’s next for Jojo on the Jam Jarto farm.

My ideas:
- bottom of the mines
- junimo kart (for the arcade machine)
- 100 floors of skull cavern but only using staircases (because corporations like to take the easy way out)
- unlock ginger island AND get the catalogue to make a “resort” there

(I’m kegging starfruit wine at this point so I think money will be exponential from here.)

With this in mind, any other cool things I should try to accomplish in the last 2 in game seasons?

Adding themes to farms/runs gives this game so much replay value. Skull caverns using staircases beacuse it's the easy (corporate) way is hilarious. Sounds like you figured out how to make a Joja run fun, which I've never been able to do! Congratulations! Thrive.

If you don't have them already, I'd say add Junimo workers for cheap labor. See if you can use a gemstone to make them all blue. Then get a horse for efficiency and also so you can look down at all your lowly farm employees.

imnvs

Local Legend
Okay, first off... your sturgeon ponds? Yeah, caviar is nice and expensive, but ice pip and lava eel aged roe is worth more and takes less time to process. I only do a sturgeon pond until I've made a few caviar for the few things that require caviar. You can fish up ice pips on level 60 of the mines, and lava eels at level 100.

To do stairs cheap and easy, put jade into crystalariums... like as many crystalariums as you can make/borrow/steal. :wink: Then you go to the desert and trade them to the trader for staircases. If you can get a whole shed full of crystalariums you'll know you can do terrible, terrible things to the skull caverns by just bringing stacks of staircases.

abzkelly

Farmhand
Okay, first off... your sturgeon ponds? Yeah, caviar is nice and expensive, but ice pip and lava eel aged roe is worth more and takes less time to process. I only do a sturgeon pond until I've made a few caviar for the few things that require caviar. You can fish up ice pips on level 60 of the mines, and lava eels at level 100.

To do stairs cheap and easy, put jade into crystalariums... like as many crystalariums as you can make/borrow/steal. :wink: Then you go to the desert and trade them to the trader for staircases. If you can get a whole shed full of crystalariums you'll know you can do terrible, terrible things to the skull caverns by just bringing stacks of staircases.
I’ve already been collecting jade, I hear ya on that!

And as for lava eel, I know they are more efficient, but as I am focused on ~flair~ lol. I chose caviar for the ‘higher social standing and general wealth flaunting’ associations.

I always forget about ice pip though so I’ll get one of those going on my other farms!

I doubt I can get a whole shed of crystaliums quick from my current state of my save and limited time, but worth it to try!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I’ve already been collecting jade, I hear ya on that!

And as for lava eel, I know they are more efficient, but as I am focused on ~flair~ lol. I chose caviar for the ‘higher social standing and general wealth flaunting’ associations.

I always forget about ice pip though so I’ll get one of those going on my other farms!

I doubt I can get a whole shed of crystaliums quick from my current state of my save and limited time, but worth it to try!
Fair enough, caviar does have that distinguishing look to it!