How do I make 10k before or on spring 6, year one?

Kiro

Newcomer
Ive tried several strategies like fishing, farming, etc, but havent come close to 10k by spring 6. The reason i want to make this much money in this time is for potatoes to use for farming exp and money so i can make quality sprinklers for strawberries on the 13th. If anyone could please help me with this i would be much appreciated, even if i have to min/max.

Cptldsilver

Planter
Multiple ways to do it. Probably the "easiest" is fishing. A little more knowledge and you can clay farm it in just 2 days. I'll cover how to get it through fishing and without clay farming.

Day 1: scythe all fiber you find, grab all forageables, and check all trash cans. Donate an artifact for 250 gold if you can. Sell everything except for wood (parsnip seeds, stone, coal, fiber, forageables, sap, clay, I mean everything). Your goal is to get enough gold to get the deluxe fishing rod as soon as you hit fishing level 2.

Day 2: get 50 wood (for a chest at the beach) and head to the beach. Fish all day at the beach. Buy the deluxe fishing rod as soon as you hit level 2. Buy as much bait as possible before willy closes, up to 200. Your goal is to get the maximum fishing level you can. Perfect fish and treasure chests give 2.4x and 2.2x multiplier to experience level. Level 4 fishing is good, 5 is great, and 6 is almost impossible. The higher your level the easier it is to catch catfish. Don't worry about making money on this day it's all about getting max experience points.

Day 3: build a chest and head to either the forest river or the town river. Catch as many catfish as possible. You can catch catfish from 6 AM to 12 AM. This is your best money making day so make it count. If you need more bait go to willys and buy some.

Day 4-6: you might have enough gold at this point so feel free to focus on something else if you're already there. If not, fish in the mountain lake until you do. You can catch largemouth bass until 6 pm every day.

While the above does what you ask, in that it will net you the 10k you are looking for, I would caution you that what it won't do is give you the level in Farming which you need for scarecrows to protect your produce from those foul feathered felons, the crows. With 10k in cash, you'll be able to buy 200 Potato Seeds, which means you could be losing up to five crops per day to them, which is simply unacceptable. Thus, I propose a slightly modified tactic to cater to your specific needs.

Don't sell your parsnips, plant your original 15 parsnips to net you Farming 1 on the evening of Day 5, meaning you can make the Scarecrows on the 6th, just in time for your potatoes to go down. With this in mind, also don't sell your coal, as you'll need one per scarecrow, and you'll need a couple to cover all your crops. You'll also want to hold onto your fiber, because they cost 20 fiber each. This is going to put a very substantial cramp in your finances, you'll need to be lucky on your first couple of days to get everything needed to get your Fiberglass Rod and Bait before the end of the second day, but it can be done.

Given each potato sells for 80g and there's a 10% chance of an additional potato, we can give a rough estimate of (200*88=17,600g) total. This does not take into consideration those potatoes which come up with a higher than normal quality, which are a bonus on top of that. With that in mind, you can purchase 176 Strawberries at the faire.

Given each strawberry sells for 120g/ea, that's (176*120=21,120g) per harvest, with two harvests remaining in the season for just over 42k in your pocket rolling over into summer, purely and exclusively based on strawberry sales alone, and assuming all strawberries are of normal quality. Additional quality strawberries simply increases your profits. Not too shabby, really. Should get you started on your Hops production, since you've unlocked Kegs by this point. I hope you remembered to start your oak tree stand tapped in the spring, because you'll want a LOT of kegs. Two kegs per hops keeps up with demand and will drown the world's sorrows in Pale Ale, almost enough even for Pam!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
What Shneekey said, it's better to get farming than not, as well as that, it will slightly boost farming levels and help you advance machine production.

I did something similar and ended up with 160k made and 120k in my pockey by the end of spring and only having 100-200 crops makes watering easy.

Tom

Farmer
Catch as many catfish as possible. You can catch catfish from 6 AM to 12 AM. This is your best money making day so make it count. If you need more bait go to willys and buy some.
I say anybody who can make Catfish pay on Spring 3 has golden fingers. For some of us, it's not gonna happen until later. In other news, I can't play the piano to save my life. So I am admittedly far below average in the dexterity department.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I say anybody who can make Catfish pay on Spring 3 has golden fingers. For some of us, it's not gonna happen until later. In other news, I can't play the piano to save my life. So I am admittedly far below average in the dexterity department.
It really helps you get a really high fishing level on day 2, I can get 4 maybe 5 with considerable effort but I know someone who can get level 6 fishing on day 2 which basically makes catfish nothing.

Jianadaren1

Farmhand
I've found that level 4 fishing is too hard. Last time I tried with level 4 fishing I missed over half of my catfish.

Then I tried again with level 7 (no tackle) and I caught 90%

Reactions: Tom