Horse suit - camouflage color is inconvenient

tornadojack

Sodbuster
Now horse has chestnut color. When I leave it somewhere having brown back color, I can hardly find it again.
For instance, it is hard to distinguish against the background of the soil, especially in the evening.
In autumn grass has also yellow-brown coloring and I do not see my horse among it (keeping in mind that grass is tall and even in summer I can see only horse head).

So, I propose to change horse suit to white. It is more distinguishable, it is nice and luxurious.
If somebody wants other colors, we may have interface to specify horse suit along with its name on stable build.

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
So...

Option 1 you've come up with: change the horse to white
Option 2 you've come up with: allow us to pick horse color (hey, we can pick pet color)

I'm not opposed to changing the horse to white, exactly... though I think choosing the option that gives the players options is the better way to go. Perhaps at character creation you are asked to pick horse coloration just as you're asked for pet coloration? I'm not sure exactly how to interject the coloration choice when building the stable. At Robin's? At the stable upon first interaction with it after it was built? I'm not sure how to represent those... but just having the choice when you start the game? That'd be easy.

Next is to figure out the coloration designs. Obviously, some people may want the chestnut mare, so that one has to stay. As for others? Personally I think pure white is boring, so I'd suggest white with brown spots. We'd need at least 1 more design, and to get something a bit more monochromatic for those that prefer that, perhaps a nice light grey with a dappling of black spots, or a dark grey with a dappling of white spots? I think either of those would be pretty cool.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Alpaca or go home. No really, don't leave the farm until you can afford a mount.

But alpaca because they hum. I'd train mine to hum the SDV themes so I don't have to install a jukebox on all the different maps. Who doesn't want to ride a jukebox around town? Small side effects: they also cluck (useful for attracting feral Shanes) and scream. OK, so nothing's perfect.

Unlike this sqwooshy-wooshy face!

I'd rather a camel.
Maybe we need some farm type depending animals:
the mountain farm gets an alpaca or lama, a new desert farm the camel and the monster farm the unicorn.
At the moment I have no idea what a farm for a pegasus has to look like... :flushed:

tornadojack

Sodbuster
I put a hat on the horse like the sailor cap for it
It's better than nothing but at most horse angles it doesn't help much.

I prefer horse with long legs, in other words mutate pony into the trotter. In this case I'll see not only head above the grass.
Of course, this should not change horse sizes important for movement among obstacles.

Last edited: