Hiya Farm Folks!

WinterYam

Farmhand
Hi Everyone! I've just started playing SV this year. I'm someone that used to be a big gamer in the 90's (especially the Squaresoft RPGs) but I never took to the new visual style/graphic heavy gameplay systems of anything beyond the first Playstation. I never thought I would fall for a video game the way I did with Chrono Trigger/Final Fantasy but Stardew Valley exceeded my expectations and ranked up there with the greats of my adolescence.

Anyhow, nice to meet you! I look forward to finding out more about the game and sharing some fanart.

Hello there! It's always nice to see a fellow 90's Squaresoft RPG fan! Like you, I've become enraptured with SDV like I did with Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy (and of course Dragon Quest since we're here :D).

Welcome to the forums!

WinterYam

Farmhand
Hello there! It's always nice to see a fellow 90's Squaresoft RPG fan! Like you, I've become enraptured with SDV like I did with Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy (and of course Dragon Quest since we're here :D).

Welcome to the forums!

I have such love and admiration for Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy and similar styled games of the times. Playing SV is a true joy because it brings me back to those wonderful games. To be honest, I had kind of given up on ever playing another "new" game that would give me the same sense of joy, engagement, and wonder. When I first played SV, something about the graphics and music reminded me of Chrono Trigger (still the best game ever created IMO) which was confirmed when I saw Mr. Chrono himself on a poster in Abigail's room!

I have such love and admiration for Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy and similar styled games of the times. Playing SV is a true joy because it brings me back to those wonderful games. To be honest, I had kind of given up on ever playing another "new" game that would give me the same sense of joy, engagement, and wonder. When I first played SV, something about the graphics and music reminded me of Chrono Trigger (still the best game ever created IMO) which was confirmed when I saw Mr. Chrono himself on a poster in Abigail's room!
I agree with your points here. There's been plenty of games I"ve enjoyed over the years and think upon fondly, however they didn't have the same impact that Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, and Dragon Quest had on me when I first discovered them. SDV managed to fill that void and take it further with it's playstyle, atmosphere and music. Also, yes I 100% agree that this music reminds me a lot of Chrono Trigger's music (which I hold in one of my all time favorite OST's mind you) and I listen to the SDV soundtrack regularly.

I'm glad you saw the Chrono poster in Abigail's room! I might have got loud with excitement when I saw that 🤣