Hire an NPC farmhand

1FlyCat

Planter
I know the autograbber mostly fulfills this role, but what if you could hire an NPC farmhand that would water and harvest crops and perform various other chores? Further you could hire them on a monthly or yearly basis?

Certain townsfolk could be employable from the bulletin board to do specific or various tasks.

Your spouse can perform tasks around the farm, so why not a farmhand?

Last edited:

LRangerR

Local Legend
I know the autograbber mostly fulfills this role, but what if you could hire an NPC farm hand that would water and harvest crops and perform various other chores? Further you could hire them on a monthly or yearly basis.
Sprinklers auto-water crops for you, and you can eventually get a building from that wizard that will help with your harvesting needs.

1FlyCat

Planter
Thanks for your feedback, LRangerR. I wasn't aware of the building that the wizard provides.

They could of course fulfill other jobs like fishing, foraging, quarrying, harvesting trees and so on that fall outside the domain of harvesting crops.

Last edited:

LRangerR

Local Legend
Thanks for your feedback, LRangerR. I wasn't aware of the building that the wizard provides.

They could of course fulfill other jobs like fishing, foraging, quarrying, harvesting trees and so on that fall outside the domain of harvesting crops.
Ha, that would be nice indeed, but no, i don't think so. Maybe a mod exists somewhere that lets them do extra things, or special huts for different jobs? idk, just spitballing

Is there a way to place that building in the greenhouse? Or is there a mod for that?
Not to my knowledge, no, but I don't follow mods very closely. It'd require a significant change in game mechanics, so I don't know if it's even possible to code that easily into a Mod