Hi! I require some voice actors for a mod!

Xsavin

Farmhand
Hey there! I am glad you have found my project! This is a Fandub of the game Stardew Valley, as it naturally does not have voice acting. This project started by me playing the game and making up voices for the characters until I decided to tell someone about it and they said they would be able to code the mod and so it started! I am aware that this has been tried before and I acknowledge the amount of work that has to be done, so I hope I can find a group of people willing to help me out with this project. This project is non-profit, due to it being a mod. Thanks for your time. If you would like to audition here is the link!

Part 2: https://www.castingcall.club/projects/stardew-valley-voices-of-pelican-town-part-2
stardew_valley_voices_of_pelican_town.jpg

Last edited:

Alfyna

Sodbuster
Hello! Sorry if I missed the information on the site, but how long are auditions open? Will you cast all at once when the window closes, or close each role off as you find suitable VAs?

Xsavin

Farmhand
Hello! Sorry if I missed the information on the site, but how long are auditions open? Will you cast all at once when the window closes, or close each role off as you find suitable VAs?
Hi! I will close off each audition one by one when I find the suitable VAs, the deadline is March 6, which is the date that the whole project will close and a new one will start, if we are still missing people.

Studio Iko

Newcomer
Hello! I'm a hobbyist voice actor and have a brother who is a voice actor!!! I'll definitely look into this more it sounds exciting!

Alfyna

Sodbuster
I'm trying to figure out if the project is closed or not. The deadline says March 3rd, but there are still 5 roles unfilled with multiple auditions stacked up in them awaiting review. I don't know how to interpret that.

Xsavin

Farmhand
I'm trying to figure out if the project is closed or not. The deadline says March 3rd, but there are still 5 roles unfilled with multiple auditions stacked up in them awaiting review. I don't know how to interpret that.
Hi! The deadlines have now been extended, Only a couple of roles are left.

Alfyna

Sodbuster
Thank you for the clarification!! <3

... lol to be honest, if none of those standing auditions on those 5 remaining roles are good enough, I don't think I'm going to make much of a difference tossing mine in on top of them at this point. But excited regardless to see what you do with this mod. Good luck!

Xsavin

Farmhand
Thank you for the clarification!! <3

... lol to be honest, if none of those standing auditions on those 5 remaining roles are good enough, I don't think I'm going to make much of a difference tossing mine in on top of them at this point. But excited regardless to see what you do with this mod. Good luck!
You will be welcome to audition regardless. I don't consider any of them bad, I just want a voice to click in my head for me and comfortably say: Yes, this is exactly the voice I want. Which is why I am holding off on deciding for now

Alfyna

Sodbuster
Hey I'm curious, did anyone from this forum end up getting cast in this??? I wanted to congratulate you if so, it's exciting. :stardrop: :heart:

(also lol man I am clearly not cut out for the heartbreak of this industry. I saw some people shoot their shot over multiple roles with no dice and other people get 4-5. ... kinda glad I stayed out of it. 😅)

Xsavin

Farmhand
Hey I'm curious, did anyone from this forum end up getting cast in this??? I wanted to congratulate you if so, it's exciting. :stardrop: :heart:

(also lol man I am clearly not cut out for the heartbreak of this industry. I saw some people shoot their shot over multiple roles with no dice and other people get 4-5. ... kinda glad I stayed out of it. 😅)
I wouldn't recognize any of the names as some people have different ones over different platforms. So I can't really say for sure. The most roles cast for one person is 3, with 2 of them being minor roles and the last one being an extra. Though, his voice fit for all of them, and he is one of the kindest and hardworking people I've met, therefore I gave him another extra role. It is quite common in this industry to fall back to someone you already know can do the voice, instead of waiting for the right opportunity, as some of those never arise. It is also the way you represent yourself. So yes, industry is harsh but so is anything else. :)