Heya

Hill Myna

Farmer
Heya, Knowa, welcome to the Forums! I hope you enjoy it here.

Has anything surprised you about Stardew, now that you've returned?

See you around!

Last edited:

Hill Myna

Farmer
Thanks! I've been playing with my brother, and it's been really fun.
That's awesome that you got to play with your brother! I had the best time when I played with my Mum!

How do you play together? Splitscreen on console? Online Multiplayer through PC?

I played Splitscreen with my Mum on Switch; we started when 1.5 came out on console. Looking forward to if/when the next content update comes out, maybe I'll get back into playing Stardew again (haven't played for the last 4 months). Of course, that hasn't/won't stop me from posting here! :D
Everything is a bit easier and harder at the same time.
Very true!

The balance of Multiplayer actually took me a bit by surprise (after having played almost a year of singleplayer), but I don't think I could go back to only having one Cellar/set of tools/horse/Statue of Perfection/etc. ;)

I often pause and collect my thoughts when I'm playing Stardew, so it was exciting to discover that in Splitscreen, if both players are paused, then time stops. That meant that we could still have the "pause-and-plan" moments, even in Multiplayer!

Anyways, I'll stop rambling now. :D

Krobusfan

Farmhand
That's awesome that you got to play with your brother! I had the best time when I played with my Mum!

How do you play together? Splitscreen on console? Online Multiplayer through PC?

I played Splitscreen with my Mum on Switch; we started when 1.5 came out on console. Looking forward to if/when the next content update comes out, maybe I'll get back into playing Stardew again (haven't played for the last 4 months). Of course, that hasn't/won't stop me from posting here! :D

Very true!

The balance of Multiplayer actually took me a bit by surprise (after having played almost a year of singleplayer), but I don't think I could go back to only having one Cellar/set of tools/horse/Statue of Perfection/etc. ;)

I often pause and collect my thoughts when I'm playing Stardew, so it was exciting to discover that in Splitscreen, if both players are paused, then time stops. That meant that we could still have the "pause-and-plan" moments, even in Multiplayer!

Anyways, I'll stop rambling now. :D
I play online with the switch, and thanks for that tip!

Hill Myna

Farmer
I play online with the switch, and thanks for that tip!
Apparently it only works in Splitscreen multiplayer as far as I've heard. :(

In order to pause the game in online Multiplayer, you have to use the /pause command, which is extremely fiddly to do on Switch.

Pressing the right joystick will open a "virtual keyboard", which takes up the whole screen. Here you can type chat messages, including commands.

Probably not worth it...at that point the host might as well just press the home button on their controller, which I believe will pause the game, although it might crash the client, sooo...unfortunately you're kinda outta luck! :(

Krobusfan

Farmhand
Apparently it only works in Splitscreen multiplayer as far as I've heard. :(

In order to pause the game in online Multiplayer, you have to use the /pause command, which is extremely fiddly to do on Switch.

Pressing the right joystick will open a "virtual keyboard", which takes up the whole screen. Here you can type chat messages, including commands.

Probably not worth it...at that point the host might as well just press the home button on their controller, which I believe will pause the game, although it might crash the client, sooo...unfortunately you're kinda outta luck! :(
Ah man. Thanks anyway.