PC [HELP] title screen on load

Satch

Newcomer
Hi recently i've been dealing with a glitch where i get sent back to the title screen when trying to load a save, this started happening after i removed appearance mods, i tried adding the mods back and replacing my up to date save with an older one and nothing has worked, this glitch is also stopping me from starting a new game as when i try it freezes and wont load, if anyone could help out i'd really appreciate it.

imnvs

Local Legend
this started happening after i removed appearance mods
Unfortunately, removing mods won't fix problems with save files that have already been bugged by a mod. You're better off, if a mod could even possibly be involved, posting in the Mod Support section. This section is for bugs with un-modded games, because then we know it is an issue with the game and not the mod. This means the bug gets the attention of the Devs for actual issues with the game, and meanwhile if you post to the modding section, the modding community is more likely to spot your thread and be able to help you with any mod-related issues.
this glitch is also stopping me from starting a new game as when i try it freezes and wont load, if anyone could help out i'd really appreciate it.
This may still be caused by the mods, but should be able to be fixed by removing all mods and then verifying files with whomever you downloaded the game from.

Satch

Newcomer
Unfortunately, removing mods won't fix problems with save files that have already been bugged by a mod. You're better off, if a mod could even possibly be involved, posting in the Mod Support section. This section is for bugs with un-modded games, because then we know it is an issue with the game and not the mod. This means the bug gets the attention of the Devs for actual issues with the game, and meanwhile if you post to the modding section, the modding community is more likely to spot your thread and be able to help you with any mod-related issues.

This may still be caused by the mods, but should be able to be fixed by removing all mods and then verifying files with whomever you downloaded the game from.
thank you and ill be sure to post a thread on mod support as well then

they are on the same pc
i am using windows and steam yes
As Ereo said, I am still curious if you probably have followed the instruction.
The reason why I ask these questions is that I suspect that your files had been renamed accidentally, or maybe you renamed them.

I wanted to point out from the instruction that maybe your save files' name is the reason you get sent back to your title screen.
My question is, have you recently renamed some of your save files?
Or did you suspect that your computer renamed your save files?

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 9.55.55 AM.png

EDIT:
Sometimes the mod could be the cause of modifying the name of your files.

Example how mods modify the name:
(1.5 Spoiler) Help! Galaxy Sword turned into a Walking stick!!!

Last edited:

Satch

Newcomer
As Ereo said, I am still curious if you probably have followed the instruction.
The reason why I ask these questions is that I suspect that your files had been renamed accidentally, or maybe you renamed them.

I wanted to point out from the instruction that maybe your save files' name is the reason you get sent back to your title screen.
My question is, have you recently renamed some of your save files?
Or did you suspect that your computer renamed your save files?

EDIT:
Sometimes the mod could be the cause of modifying the name of your files.
I recently unistalled the mods and game etc, after re installing everything I now have a new set of saves that have not been renamed or touched but the glitch is still happening

I recently unistalled the mods and game etc, after re installing everything I now have a new set of saves that have not been renamed or touched but the glitch is still happening
edit:
Once it is uninstalled or installed again, your name does not change back. It can be a possibility.

Last edited:
these are my current save files and they match by name
View attachment 6970
I appreciate the picture. However, I am still suspecting that mods have modified your saving files.
Usually, the saving files are the roots of the issue from sending you back to the menu.

If you are confident that the saving files have nothing with them, it must be something else.
I guess the modding community is the best place to tackle this issue.
We have been questioning two times if you have followed the instruction given by Ereo. – but I felt that you did not answer that question.

If you haven't tried to follow the instruction, it's worth trying.

Last edited: