PC [HELP] Stardew Valley (not responding) in "Load" Menu

Coconut V

Greenhorn
Me and my sister have been playing Stardew Valley in multiplayer(not in steam) for a while now but she stopped joining around last 1 and a half month.

So I've been playing alone from my save file accessing it through the "Load" menu instead of the "Co-op" menu, but when I launched Stardew today, when I clicked the Load button on the main menu it says on the top of the app "Stardew Valley (not responding)"
Stardew Valley 27_02_2022 3_43_22 pm.png
but after a few seconds it loads in the saved files. but when I click on my save it started to "load" but it never did. It's basically stuck like that. I've tried it a couple more attemps but to no avail.

So I searched the internet to try and look for answers but no one seem to had a similar experience like me. so I though I just had a Corrupted Save file but no it's all in-tact. even the "savegameinfo" file. so I deleted the app file but not the save files and tried to re-install the application but it still didn't work. I have absolutely no idea what's wrong so if anyone can help me on how to fix and solve it that would be GREATLY appreciated! Sadly that's all of my information right now so it might be a little vague on what's happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should:
- Seek out any driver updates available, especially for your graphics card.
- Install any Windows updates which are available.
- Reboot your PC.
- Check what programs are running, make sure that if you have (for example) a Cryptominer, you aren't running it while attempting to play the game.

Once those things are done, launch Task Manager (using Ctrl + Alt + Delete and selecting Task Manager), Start Stardew Valley, and when you get to the point where it hangs, use Alt + Tab to switch back to Task Manager. See if the CPU or Memory or Disk are capped out at 100% usage. Let us know what the result is. Good Luck!

Coconut V

Greenhorn
You should:
- Seek out any driver updates available, especially for your graphics card.
- Install any Windows updates which are available.
- Reboot your PC.
- Check what programs are running, make sure that if you have (for example) a Cryptominer, you aren't running it while attempting to play the game.

Once those things are done, launch Task Manager (using Ctrl + Alt + Delete and selecting Task Manager), Start Stardew Valley, and when you get to the point where it hangs, use Alt + Tab to switch back to Task Manager. See if the CPU or Memory or Disk are capped out at 100% usage. Let us know what the result is. Good Luck!
Will do!

Odin

Staff member
You might consider moving this thread to "Help and Bug Reports (Non-Modded)". You will likely find some help there.
Only forum staff can move threads, which I've now done. You can always report a thread if you believe it would fit better in a different section! (Don't worry, you won't be getting anyone in trouble, we'd just move the thread if appropriate.)
I'm assuming this is on a Windows PC based on the screenshot and have marked the post as such, but please mention if that's not the case, Coconut V.

Coconut V

Greenhorn
Stardew Valley 01_03_2022 11_53_12 am.png
The results are none of them. The only one close to 100 is memory at 79%.

Also I've done some file moving and it seems like when I remove the saves file while having a backup, it launched it without any saves (makes sense). But when I placed it back again it works but cpu launched at 44% and memory is at 84%

Last edited:
Looks like you got it loaded! If you're not at 100% you're fine, even 94% is perfectly acceptable for memory or CPU figures, it means you're not "capped out", they could do more so you're not waiting on them. Glad you got it!

Coconut V

Greenhorn
Update: Sorry if this is annoying anyone but it seems as though the bug is back. However can it be fixed by just not touching it for a day or two? Because when I tried to remove and re-placed the saves files like I did before, it didn't seem to do anything like las time.

Last edited:

uDropper

Newcomer
Hey, dont know if it will work for you, but when the game stopped working, instead of closing it I let it sit there, frozen, and after a while (maybe 10mins) it unfroze

imthewind

Newcomer
I have a similar problem. This only happens when I add mods to my game, but heres what happens for me. So I load up the game as usual and I have all the mods. I can start a game and play from there but when I leave and try to come back later to that same game it gets stuck on the loading screen then says "(Not responding)". I have no idea how to fix this.