PS4 [HELP] "Protector of the Valley" trophy glitch

VaNiDgE

Newcomer
Mainly playing coop with my coop partner being the host. Other trophies have popped no problem, however doing all that is required for the "Protector of the Valley" doesn't seem to work for me but for the host it has popped.

I have looked into the monster killed at the Adventures Guild, the first and second page and all requirements are met with a star beside them (per screenshot below). the last enemy I killed was the Magma Sprite in the volcano area of Ginger Island.

I have also tried going back into dungeons to kills twenty or more of each monster and have gone to Gil at the Adventurers Guild to acquire all his items for killing monster.

I have seen that this has been a problem for PC players but they have resorted tinkering with their saves, but since I am on PS4 and the host has the save, it's unlikely i can do anything about.

We do not have another save slot we can revert to as we really have not had any real problems in game save for some lag and long loading times, we have not had anything wrong with trophies popping when they are supposed to until now.

Stardew Valley_20210219215822.png

Stardew Valley_20210219215833.png

20210220121429.png

Kevmar1987

Newcomer
Same problem for me. My friend as online host got every kill confirmation message as he killed everything with the Pepper Rex as last one. Then I cleared everything on my list and got for every type the ingame confrmation except for the last one, the magma sprites. We then reloaded the save and I killed the 150 magma sprites again but still no trophy. Then we reloaded the save and tried in in Local Splitscreen: no confirmation, no trophy. So i created a new character on the same farm (save) and killed only the magma sprites and it still won't give me the confirmation. The Progress computer in the island cave isn't listing anymore the name of my friend in brackets after I killed the 150 spirites, so the game recognizes, that i got all on my list as well. So my guess is, that as for now only one character can archive the magma sprites kill and locks the archivment for all other players. I found other complaints and most of them say, that the host didn't get it but it seems (as you can see) that it can affect guests too. Hope we will see a fix....it was suppose to be the last thing on my way to the platin trophy and it would take too much time to do it all over again.
Off Topic: Splitscreen seems to lock trophys to one player as well, even when the second player archives a goal, like cooking 10 dishes, the main account only gets the trophy.

Geoman265

Tiller
I know that on xbox, a splitscreen player who is not the host can't get achievements at all, although from looking at the replies, it seems that most trophies on the ps4 are able to be obtained freely.

xBlackEye

Greenhorn
GLITCHED TROPHY WARNING!

You'll need to kill 150 Magma Sprites for this trophy, but some users have reported that completing this slayer goal after all of the others can prevent the trophy from unlocking, requiring another playthrough - and that would suck.

To be on the safe side, complete the Magma Sprite slayer goal ASAP and let literally any of the other monsters' slayer goals be the final one you need to complete. Special thanks to user smsyx for making this bug known.
Source: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5673-stardew-valley/41-protector-of-the-valley