Help on getting started with making mods

Koin

Greenhorn
Hi i'm new to modding but i dont know where to start. I've read the wiki on how to mod but I didn't understand most of it.

I'm planning on adding a custom Npc as practice any advice on how to make an npc?

mouse

Farmer
NPCs have a lot of parts to them, but fortunately there are a lot of examples around these days, and tools to help make them. You could check out Miss Coriel's NPC Creator, for example.

Most custom NPCs use Content Patcher to add the actual NPC and all its information, and TMXL to add any custom locations needed for it (like a house to live in), along with using it to place them at festivals or add a custom spouse room. The NPC Creator will take you quite a ways if you use Windows, but you'll probably get used to handling the things it's doing for you over time :)

Koin

Greenhorn
NPCs have a lot of parts to them, but fortunately there are a lot of examples around these days, and tools to help make them. You could check out Miss Coriel's NPC Creator, for example.

Most custom NPCs use Content Patcher to add the actual NPC and all its information, and TMXL to add any custom locations needed for it (like a house to live in), along with using it to place them at festivals or add a custom spouse room. The NPC Creator will take you quite a ways if you use Windows, but you'll probably get used to handling the things it's doing for you over time :)
Thanks, I'll try this NPC creator😊