Solved [HELP] My game is going very slow

InfortuneBnn

Greenhorn
Hi, i'm new and english is not my first lenguage, so sry if I misswrite something.
I have this problem: My game takes 15min to open, an it goes very slow when it does. Also, my saves work, but they take like an hour to open and I can play at 10fps. It don't pops any error, so I don't know if ther's a specific error or what's hapenning.
I don't know why, because 2 months ago or so the game was working perfectly. I try with all the things I reed online and none of it works. I would apriciate a lot if someone could help me with this problem.
I play the game in Steam, i don't know if that matters.

Last edited by a moderator:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Hi, i'm new and english is not my first lenguage, so sry if I misswrite something.
I have this problem: My game takes 15min to open, an it goes very slow when it does. Also, my saves work, but they take like an hour to open and I can play at 10fps. It don't pops any error, so I don't know if ther's a specific error or what's hapenning.
I don't know why, because 2 months ago or so the game was working perfectly. I try with all the things I reed online and none of it works. I would apriciate a lot if someone could help me with this problem.
I play the game in Steam, i don't know if that matters.
Hey, welcome to the forums!
The most likely reason that your computer is lagging is because of the update 1.5.5.
This added a bunch of new stuff but a large part of it was the fact that the game went from using a 32 integer proccessing unit to being a standard of 64 bit.
This caused a lot of panic in the community because many did not know what was happening and did not have 64 bit proccessing.
Another bug or problem more likely is the fact that some computer systems, even with 64 bit proccessing, could not run the new proccessing good.
This is actually not a problem though because there is a setting that you can use to switch to 32 bit proccessing which does noot change the game at all and there is really no reason to use one or the other if you have the choice to.
If you play on steam that is great because there is a setting you can press to change the bit proccessing into 32 available easily to press.
You should be able to look it up under the name of maybe '1.5.5 stardew downgrade' or similar but if you cannot find it then reply to me and I can send you instructions with screenshots.
There is also instructions and discussion made by the creator under the same category (help wanted) that you posted this in called
1.5.5 PC Performance Survey -- Please help us out!

so just click on the link.

InfortuneBnn

Greenhorn
Hey, welcome to the forums!
The most likely reason that your computer is lagging is because of the update 1.5.5.
This added a bunch of new stuff but a large part of it was the fact that the game went from using a 32 integer proccessing unit to being a standard of 64 bit.
This caused a lot of panic in the community because many did not know what was happening and did not have 64 bit proccessing.
Another bug or problem more likely is the fact that some computer systems, even with 64 bit proccessing, could not run the new proccessing good.
This is actually not a problem though because there is a setting that you can use to switch to 32 bit proccessing which does noot change the game at all and there is really no reason to use one or the other if you have the choice to.
If you play on steam that is great because there is a setting you can press to change the bit proccessing into 32 available easily to press.
You should be able to look it up under the name of maybe '1.5.5 stardew downgrade' or similar but if you cannot find it then reply to me and I can send you instructions with screenshots.
There is also instructions and discussion made by the creator under the same category (help wanted) that you posted this in called
1.5.5 PC Performance Survey -- Please help us out!

so just click on the link.
WoW, it actualy worked, I'm verry thankful. I had read like 20 different pages and none of them had this tip.
I was verry worried 'cos I thought that my pc coud had a virus or something like that.
Once again, thanks :D

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
WoW, it actualy worked, I'm verry thankful. I had read like 20 different pages and none of them had this tip.
I was verry worried 'cos I thought that my pc coud had a virus or something like that.
Once again, thanks :D
No problem, that's what makes this community so likable on the forums, have a great day and enjoy your game.
Thank you also for including so many clues to what was happening with your game, it always makes helping people so much easier and faster for those who want to help.