PC [HELP] Lost a month of progress - Multiple saving issues

vincpro

Greenhorn
I was playing online with a friend, and for the second time, we lost like a month of progress and it's getting really frustrating. We're stuck at the day 16th of Fall on our first year. No matter how much we play, we still go back to that date. I tried looking into the problem on reddit and steam support but everyone just says that they have the same problems with no real fixes.
I tried to replace the save file with the one with "_old" and delete the other and I only go back to the 15th of Fall.
I also went to this post about saving files : https://www.stardewvalley.net/missing-corrupt-save-file-troubleshooting-guide/#:~:text=You can create a folder,filenames and reloading your game.

I tried every single thing except for the diagnosis because I don't really understand what's happening there. How do I know which is the corrupted file?
I tried to ctrl + f from the botom of the page "GameLocation xsi" on the "SaveGameInfo" and the one with "_old" and he couldn't find anything with it"
I then tried to do it on the one with "charactername_*numbers* and when I ctrled + f at the end with up direction, I could only find stuff about island locations.

Now I can't really play because I don't want to lose my progress every time.
Thanks for helping me!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

mouse

Farmer
Do you have Steam cloud saves turned on for this game? If so, have you tried turning it off?

Odin

Staff member
The game is always saved locally, but Steam Cloud can overwrite your local saves if it thinks there's a more up-to-date copy. Turning it off can help prevent issues like this. (Especially if you don't play on multiple PCs and don't need your saves synced between multiple devices).

mouse

Farmer
When you login with cloud saves enabled, Steam will pull the versions it has stored to sync them with your local machine. Normally if the files do not match, or your local version is newer, it will give a file mismatch warning and allow you to choose which one to keep. I'm not sure exactly what happened in the other cases I saw where saves were being reverted (chose wrong one? storage full? something else?), only that it ended up being Steam replacing their newer local saves with old ones from "the cloud".

It will at least rule it out :)

vincpro

Greenhorn
The thing is, I kind of am playing on multiple PCs for this game. Is there a way to transfer a local save to another device?